Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving at Our House

 Thanksgiving...food, family, fun, thankfulness for what we have.....



The empty pineapple
Owen and his basket of stuffed animals.
We had a good family time at our house. Lil miss Melody and her milk mustache she wanted me to photograph!

Owen "showing" me where the olives were! I didn't think he'd pick the bowl up. As you can see, there went some of the olive brine. Sigh! I was able to capture the dish into my hand for safe keeping. I would have cried if it'd got broken. I have 4 of them and I got them England.  Live and learn!

Owen and grandpa putting the Thomas tank engine puzzle together on mom's cell phone app. He loved this puzzle! O the children these days with all this tech stuff. Different world than when my children were young. I didn't even have a computer or cell phone back then. My son and his friend built my computer! Now I have a cool lap top and a cell phone (just to talk and text.)  It's ok! I think some of the apps are great but I don't need them for now! Sorry, but I'm off the subject a bit.

My sis, Kerri, giving Melody a hug.
Our table before the people sat down to eat. There was another table besides this one that 4 people ate at.

Children's table. My dad made this set years ago for my children. I am not sure where the other chair is. Melody is sitting on the child's adirondack chair I bought her years ago. Good fit. Notice Owen and olives on his fingers. Of course. They ate lots of them.  Needless to say, we did have a good time.  There's quite a bit of turkey leftover. But it's now in the freezer, separated into zip bags for more meals later.  And the house is mostly back to order.  Another holiday around the corner. Between now and Christmas, there are some work parties, a Christmas dinner with my mom and a cookie exchange and choir practice 3 Friday in a row. But am loving the season!  We were at the mall over the weekend, to get dinner at Subway. One of the windows caught my eye and I so enjoyed the display and it made me cry a bit with the song playing over the mall. It's that time of the year again and am soaking it up all I can.   Take care!

4 comments:

Jan said...

Great looking turkey, sounds like a fantastic Thanksgiving at your place, except for a little stress with your good plate and the olive-lad.
Love and Blessings.

Karen said...

Family is the best thing about the holidays and yours is precious as can be. What is it about olives that kids always want to put them on their fingers? I have photos of mine when they were young doing the very same thing! Good thing you saved your sweet little dish. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving! xx

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Camille said...

How precious to have those memories to store up and treasure my friend! What a blessing!!

Love,
Camille