Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Greetings

'Tis the season to be busy, fal la la la la......  working and being a bit under the weather, too much stuff to do, church choir practice and not preparing correctly makes this person behind on a lot of things! Sigh! But I'm still here and wanted to wish all my friends a Merry Christmas!  My daughter, Megan, took this photo of me when we were in Astoria and Seaside this summer. Behind me is the wreck of the Peter Iredale.        This morning, hubby and I got up and left at 0 dark thirty to go to hospital for a colonoscopy. It's a 1/2 hr drive there, and part of it is dark roads with curves for a  few miles. I felt better getting in where there was more light on the road. I couldn't use high beams too long because oncoming traffic. We made it fine..I ate breakfast in the cafe while he had procedure. Got 3 calendars done and then it was time to go in and then take him home....well, stopped in cafe for his breakfast. Today I hope to put ornaments on the Christmas tree! Presents wrapped this weekend. How is everybody else doing?

A co-worker made this "tree" from an outdated chip display.  The star was already in place for upcoming Christmas party, which we had yesterday at work. Always too much food. But then there's left overs. Boss buys main food and everybody else brings side dishes or desserts!  

One evening I was bored at the register. I was dusting and putting more flashlights in the container,  I put the little stocking cap on the flashlight, which we have around holiday time.  A co-worker carves and (his neighbor paints)  wooden Santas, this one, UofO, was there. So here's Santa and his flashlight elf! My boss thought it was funny! He like UofO anyway!

After church on Sunday, I did a quick photo shoot of this dear family. They needed some photos to take with them on their trip. She'd forgot about doing anything til too late. Friday didn't work out as planned. So, Sunday worked out ok. This was one that was quite adorable. Hard to get the boys looking in same direction. I got little D, to say pickles as it makes you smile... So he'd say pickles and cheese and then move a bit but he'd stand still if I asked him to. Brother A, in dad's arm on left, didn't think much of photo taking. Oh well we got some cute ones. I spent time Sun. afternoon, when I'd usually blog, working on photos and printed some out. It's always fun to work with friends. Delivered photos to them after dinner on a very windy, rainy Sunday evening! No snow! Sigh!


   Hark! the herald angels sing, Glory to the newborn King! 
Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love your beach message, Becky, very cute! Good that you took the Mr. for his check up - seems they don't go unless we supervise, doesn't it? Your office party sounds fun, I like the chip display 'tree'. My Mr.works for a Northwest Potatoe chip company! He would love that tree! So nice of you to do photos for the sweet young family. It's hard to get boys to sit still for anything, but looks like you did fine. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! xx

Jen said...

Love all the pictures! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)

Camille said...

What a blessing that you were able to take those photos for that sweet family at church! I am sure you blessed them wonderfully by doing it! :) Yes, getting three boys to look at the camera and smile is a challenge! :) May the LORD bless you this coming year my friend!

With Love,
Camille