Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm So Excited

map  from lonely planet .com
I can't wait! I've been waiting for this time to come! I want to pack my bags already....oh wait.....um.. I have to wait 3 more months?  What am I babbling about? Oh yeah, I am going to Nicaragua with a team that is installing water filtration system at a mission. Don is a friend of mine and when he found out I was wanting to go this year, since I finally have enough money saved, he asked me if I wanted to go?  Ok...and it's close to the town where my friends Pedro and Maria live. So I will be able to go spend time with them as well as help at the mission. A week...do some loving on some people there and help at the mission and Pedro's church and hopefully not fry my skin! Prayers needed: that the new dormitory gets finished there at the mission before we leave so Don can put up his solar panels (or trip might be delayed); more people to go and safety for the trip....and well being before we get there. It is going to be a different experience for me. I've never traveled to a third world country. I'm excited but a bit nervous at the same time. Of course I'll be taking my camera. It's just another extension of God's love in my life being shared with other people. We are all God's children.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! What a wonderful thing to look forward to! Yes, so many things to think about, but so nice if you get to see your friends, too! And all for a worthy cause. I can't wait, and I am not even going! I have never been anywhere except the U.S., Canada and Mexico. I am looking forward to seeing your photos! Congratulations, Becky! xx

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I"m so excited for you! I'm hoping to go on a mission trip with the kids someday, too. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Jan said...

Yes, a wonderful, exciting experience for you. Looking forward to all the details.
God Bless

aimee said...

Becky~
This is awesome! Both my sibling and my parents did some short term missionary work overseas...and it left lasting impressions.
God bless!
Aimee

Camille said...

Wow! You are one adventurous lady Becky!! It will be a great experience for you, I am sure! :)

Blessings to you!
Camille