Saturday, February 2, 2013

Here I Am Again!

It's been a busy week for me. I have just finished a photo book on Shutterfly and got it ordered yesterday. All 38 pages.  I'm so excited to see it in real life...late next week!  I hope to share it with you soon. I couldn't upload it here when I ordered it so am hoping that I can get the code from Shutterfly and have it on the blog soon. The book feature is our 35th anniversary trip to Cottage Grove. I spent a little time researching some of the older buildings in town. It's nice that people have come to town and refurbished the old buildings so there is still a sense of history there.

 We have just come out of a cold snap, weather wise. We'd have days where it would freeze and frost on the ground, ice on roads at night and a.m. No Snow! Sigh! Then there were days it was so cold and no humidity and it was just cold, just a few degrees above freezing!  But that gave way later this week and we have even had sun a few times, like yesterday. I even got to see Mt. Hood shrouded in beautiful blanket of snow.

  This evening I had to download Java again and it finally worked. Then re-installed some coupon printers so I can print out coupons. A few weeks ago a blue screen of death came upon my computer. I think my daughter infected it with a virus when she touched it....she needed to use it for school to upload something from a class. Her computer was being a pain. If someone can make a computer quit, it's her! Why? Don't know. But she can always get it started again! :0) Mine had issues ever since that "blue screen". So am happy I got all that taken care of.  I am ordering tickets for my trip to Nicaragua tomorrow so I needed to have the computer talking to the printer again. I have the dates confirmed and times of when we leave for Nicaragua out of Atlanta. Now I can make connections. Will be going with Don from here anyway, so we can ride together. 3 a.m. from my house...oh so early.  Am thinking I'll wear my glasses when flying so I can sleep when I can. I don't like sleeping with my contac lenses in since my eyes dry out.  I've got some things planned out to do and buy before I go. One thing was a flu shot last Friday. My arm bruised and it was painful yesterday since I carried my purse on that arm and lifted a few heavy-like bags of groceries. Nothing abnormal in that. It just was a bit more strain on it than usual. Sigh! It's better and didn't over work it today when I was out a bit. Booster of tetnus is needed. Maybe typhoid immunization. That's given by pill now. Good. Hope it doesn't make me too sick.

  My fridge is full now that I have cooked a big pot of soup in crock pot earlier in the week. Tonight I made mac and cheese with yellow fin tuna (tuna on sale at Bimart). Thought I'd try it and it was delicious. I baked it in the oven after I combined all of it. Tuna has a different texture than just regular tuna but we liked it and again....more leftovers. Good for lunches, good for another meal that Phil doesn't have to cook on a work night. Just cook up veggies to go with it.  

  I am feeling much better, even though my cough is still liking me too much to leave. It is getting better, each week, as in going away.  It seems to be worse at work. Oh well. I am sleeping better and more energy to get my work done around the house. Lately I've not wanted to go out and do anything, including foraging shopping for food. I digress. I need to move on and not bore you with my pettiness.        
   
   Tomorrow at church, Phil and I will be teaching again. This month will be about the Ten Men Healed, Luke 17:11-19. Right now Phil is making sure the puzzle we photo copied is correct. I think I will go help him. Ok, he's done and there are two puzzles, I thought so.  Also am choosing between a few verses in Hebrews to possibly share at worship time. We've been studying Hebrews for months and Pastor Jesse wanted us to pick out a verse to share tomorrow and why it's our favorite in about a minute. Two I like are Hebrews 13:5-6 "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have; for He has said 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' Hence we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid; what can man do to me?'"        And Hebrews 2:18 "For because He himself has suffered and been tempted, He is able to help those who are tempted."  (Both verses from Revised Standard Version). Will decide tonight which one makes the cut!
 Have a good weekend, my friends. God's blessings!

2 comments:

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Hi Becky!! Thank you so much for your lovely birthday card and your sweet note inside. Celebrating your 35th wedding anniversary is so fantastic!! I hope to get there one day (in 30 more years).

I am off to check out your blog!!

*Erin

Anonymous said...

Hi, Becky
Oh tulips, beautiful tulips...I can hardly wait!
I wear contacts too and haven't been taking them out when I stay with my dad. No more...my eyes dry out too much.
Your mac n' cheese with tuna sounds yummy. Right now I am loving on soup, noodles, etc....stupid winter stomach virus :-(
I liked both of your verses from Hebrews.
Blessings, Aimee