Friday, April 26, 2013

Photographic Friday

My one and only visit this year to the tulip farm. Been too busy with getting ready to go on my trip and working. Sigh. I couldn't decide which photo to use for my header. This one or the one with the pink tractor. So I decided to share this one with you as well....since I'm a lover of purple tulips and tulips in general.  I was supposed to be sitting on the tractor seat (in header photo). I was climbing up and for some reason a leg gave way or just the way the "steps" are to get onto the tractor and my legs didn't work out. I ended up falling onto the tractor. Pain involved, with some tears. That tractor isn't soft at all! My girlfriend told me it was a sassy tractor, since it's pink so it got me!  I incurred some bruises and soreness but able to walk after pain went away. I am smiling in spite of the pain! The John Deere tractor is painted pink in honor of Ken's wife, Vicky, who died of breast cancer a few years ago, during the tulip festival. Tractor was quite the conversation piece. You'll see it in a few more photos of it in another post of mine.   Til next time, God bless and enjoy your spring weather, wherever you are. A blogger friend posted that it was snowing in Kansas!  We're experiencing warm weather here, almost 70 today. It will be hotter where I'm going.....Nicaragua....in a few days!  Ok, bye for now!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So sorry about your fall. But if you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known. You look great sitting on that pretty pink tractor. By the way, I love purple tulips too.

Have a good trip. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

aimee said...

Yikes, sorry about your tulip farm accident-I imagine that would hurt! I, as you already know, love your new header photo, but this one is beautiful also.
Wishing you Godspeed on your upcoming mission trip!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: I didn't know that about the pink tractor! Now it will hold an even more special memory for me.