Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

America....land of the free and the home of the brave.....many died fighting for our freedom that we know today. These boots are from a memorial service of a soldier who lost his battle with physical issues from a recent war. His family greatly misses him. Today we honor those soldiers who have gone before us and died fighting for our country. For that we are truly thankful.  May we never forget. Remember our God still reigns and we can make this country great.

God Bless America. You aren't the country I remember when I was growing up and then went into the military myself. But we continue to pray for our leaders and our military and seek Him every day!   "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; thy steadfast love, O Lord, endures for ever. Do not forsake the work of thy hands." Psalm 138:8 (RSV)

3 comments:

aimee said...

Have a blessed Memorial Day Becky. I agree, this nation is no longer the one I remember growing up and it grieves my heart. I need to remember to not just complain (which I do so very well on political issues), but to pray for God to change the hearts of those in power, and to continue working on my heart too.
Blessings,
Aimee

Kathy said...

Such a beautiful post. So many people think of this as just the beginning of summer and time to cook-out and have fun. But it's so much more than that. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Karen Frost said...

A day to remember those who served so bravely and died defending our freedoms. We owe them so much! The photo of the boots is so touching!
xx