Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Happy Mother's Day to all my bloggy readers. Wishing you fields of happiness and good memories to last a long time. When I told my mom, Happy Mother's day a few days ago, where she lives in a nursing home, she gave this reply. "Thanks for having my grandchildren." Awe, isn't that sweet? I love my mom. She's been a praying mom and loving mom, growing a garden to feed her family on the farm. When we moved into the little town close by our farm, she still grew a garden. I loved the veggies so much. The meals prepared. She's a loving grandma and great grandma. Even in her late 80s she can find some humor to make people laugh. She's always loved flowers.

Megan and I love the tulip farm. Here we are a few weeks ago. She'd just got off work at the tulip farm and we spent sometime together before she headed home. Must take a fun photo!  We had a good day yesterday. Enjoying friends at a bridal shower, 45 minute drive. It was worth it with delicious brunch. Then we stopped in a town that we always pass through to a destination for some shopping. Grocery Outlet and then Fred Meyer. Both of us scored at the last place, a pair of sandals for me and two pr of pants for Megan.....her's are going. Being between jobs, I felt I could help her out a bit. That's what moms are for. Daughter worn out clothes need replaced sometimes. She usually buys her own. We got a good deal with sales then coupons, saving $25....all that for $45. Amazing!  It pays to be frugal!   Enjoying my day and hope you are as well.  HAPPY MOTHER'S' DAY! God's blessings be upon you, now and always.

1 comment:

Karen Frost said...

Very sweet post, Becky. Love the stories of your Dear Mom! And what a nice Mom you are, helping out your girl when she needs it. You look so cute together. Happy Mother's Day! xoxo