Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Two Boys

Life has become interesting. It's amazing how many friends I've made just by blogging. These women are dear to my heart, even though I've never met them personally. Well, I've met one of my blogger friends and she is super special to me. Stacie....and we share things over email once in awhile.

 A couple weeks ago a  blogger friend, Lori, went into the hospital to keep from having her baby too early.  She posted that her little baby boy was born at 31 weeks. Just yesterday she posted photos of him on her blog. He's doing fine, off oxygen and so cute!  Baby is still in hospital in NICU, 45 minute drive away from mama, daddy and big sister and brother. It's a happy time and so thankful her little man is progressing. Praying he grows more healthy every minute to so he can go home to his sweet family.

This Sunday I read a post of a dear friend in Canada, We'd been praying for Austin for quite awhile. He's had a heart condition that nearly took him a couple years ago. This past Saturday he went home to be with the Lord. Devastating news of a dear young man, 19 years old, who loves the Lord. He's gonna be missed. Prayers for Camille and Howie and 2 brothers and a sister.  She's posted comments on my blog. It grieves me, as a mother, to know someone who's lost a child. I can only imagine how it feels. Death is so harsh. Never seeing that person you love, this side of heaven. But am so thankful for the promise of heaven, all because of Jesus.

I hope you can find the time to remember these two families in your prayers.  We are connected thru cyberspace and these are real families.   Much appreciated.


"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; 
My God, in Him I will trust." "
Psalm 91:1-2 NKJV






2 comments:

aimee said...

Becky~
That was my mom's favorite chapter in the Bible! Thank you for the reminder:)
I love Stacie's blog...glad you got to meet her in person! Her sister, Jackie, also has an awesome blog!
My youngest was born 2 months prematurely and spent time in NICU also. May the Lord strengthen this little one.
So sad on this young man. I pray that God will bring them peace and comfort.
Blessings,
Aimee

Kathy said...

I will be praying for these two families. Isn't it great to get to know people through cyberspace and realize that God already knew them? So sad for us with this young man's death, but so happy for him to see Jesus face to face. As believers we have this contradiction, don't we?

Thank you for your prayers for me yesterday. I definitely felt everyone praying for me.