Sunday, July 21, 2013

Beautiful May Day for a Shower

 A week after I got back from my Nicaragua mission trip, I went to a bridal shower in Yamhill. It's for my friend's future daughter in law.  It was a brunch and we had a good time. This is the one and only game we played which was fun. My daughter actually won a  prize even though she wasn't the first one finished. She answered all of them correctly!




Amanda with this pillowcase that was hand embroidered. It's nice to see the art hasn't been lost. I remember getting a few as gifts when we were married.  I choose to make the photo a black and white, due to the lighting. Window with no shade and bright church building in background, not good. But I like the outline of the church windows in the background.

Amanda and her bouquet of bows off the packages. Another tradition continues. You carry it at the wedding rehearsal.

The gifts!

This pitcher was on the table with punch, water and tea. I really liked this set up. I wound up making it into their wedding card.


I really like these cupboards. I had to peek. I like to get ideas.

Megan, Amanda and Quanah. We've known Quanah since she was a baby and now another family member to get to know. Amanda married Quanah's brother, Dewey in late June. (that's another post!)

Beautiful church and rhododendrons across the street.

This house is so beautiful, built in late 1879. I could live in this house, in my dreams!

This is the house we were at for the bridal shower, built c. 1914.


On our way home we stopped a couple places.....Grocery Outlet and found some items we needed and stocked up on good deals. Stopped at Fred Meyer, bought a pair of sandals for me and a couple pair of pants for daughter....on sale, and a coupon & another deal when you bought xxxx amount of dollars worth, you saved even more!  It was the Sat. before Mother's day.  Saved quite a bit for things we needed!  I like to shop with my daughter once in a while. More fun when it's just the 2 of us. With husband along, it rarely happens unless it's a quick pick up groceries.

 Last year it was a birthday of Teresa, there in Yamhill. This year it was a bridal shower, what's next year? It's fun to get together with friends anyway.   Have a great day!

5 comments:

Along A Widowed Road said...

Hi Becky,
Thank you for dropping by my blog. I know you came by a while back and I couldn't find your blog to drop you a comment.
Wow two showers in one weekend.
I can't wait to see wedding photo's. My niece is getting married in Sept.

Hope your week is wonderful.

I see Your a believer in Christ too. Praise the lord.

Take care, Viola

Laury said...

You always know how to have a good time!

aimee said...

I love the Yamhill area--SO beautiful, especially up in the foothills above the town! Beautiful church and home!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Argh! Lighting--the joys and pains of it:)

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful bride. I absolutely love the picture of the church windows with the flowers under it. Blessings to you!

Kathy said...

I love the picture of the pitcher and flowers that you made into a card. So beautiful. And the house with all the gingerbread trim is gorgeous.

It's strange how different customs are in different parts of the country. You take the bows and make a bouquet out of it. We put them on a paper plate and make a hat that the bride has to wear during the shower.