Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Favorites


My brother and I went to a Festival of Balloons in Tigard this year. It was a great cool morning with sun. We got up early, before the sun rose. Saw some ground fog along the way.  Later the balloons starting filling up with hot air.  The fun begins. I looked around and saw the long shadows that people were casting while watching the balloons inflate. Can you notice a bit of ground fog on the top photo? There is a little creek and pond just across the road from the park.

"I'll Fly Away" balloon was one of my favorites this year.  A skunk character balloon inflated behind it. I was happy to finally see a few character balloons in real time, for the first time!  I will show more as time passes. Still working on some blog posts.  I'm busy all day at work. This week I've had 3 headaches, possibly since it's been hot and dry, possible sinus problems. So am cutting this post short and drinking some chamomile tea soon to help get headache to completely go away.     We've had quite the stretch of hot weather these past two weeks. High 80s and has hit over 90 quite a few days as well. Next week there's a relief in sight, rumor has it!  Looking forward to meeting my sister for lunch at a new restaurant tomorrow! It's been awhile since we've been together.  Am also picking up 3 photo prints tomorrow then take them to be matted and framed for an upcoming art show in a few weeks. Never a dull moment for me, it seems. Can you believe that as of today there's 5 months til Christmas? I just realized that as I was previewing this post.  Do any of you shop ahead of time for Christmas or wait til December? I try to get it done ahead of time. I actually bought some items in Nicaragua for just that purpose. It was so hard not to give them away already!   Stay cool, my friends! Enjoy the summer as it's slipping away. Love on your friends and family when you are having fun in the sun!  Enjoy the beauty of God's creation!

5 comments:

Camille said...

Beautiful photos my friend. So sorry about your headaches...not fun!! How fun that you are entering an art contest...you take lovely photos...I hope you win! :) To answer your question...yes, I prepare all year long for Christmas...as I find the *perfect* things, they are purchased and tucked away. It's amazing how quickly Christmas comes each year.

Hugs to you!
Camille

P.S. Thank you for ALL your kind love to me in recent days...you have blessed my heart! XO

aimee said...

Very, very cool hot air balloons! I have seen some before--pretty close up--but these are much prettier then the ones I saw:)
Enjoy our slightly cooler, but still sunny, weather!
Blessings,
Aimee

Laury said...

I love hot air balloons. Many times, they float out our way and land. My brother-in-law is a pilot. My husband has flown with him. I'm not sure I want to. I did ride in a chase vehicle once and they was scary enough! They are crazy! lol

Becky L. said...

I enjoy hot air balloons as well. My brother got me hooked on them, early morning not a fun time to get up before sun rises. But it's worth the fun of watching balloons in all phases and watch them rise. Eventually I'll get video figured out with music and I'll share that as well. I'm learning too much lately and not enough time to do it all.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Beautiful hot air balloons! I would love to go up in one!

Hope your headaches are done and gone!!!

I have always shopped throughout the year for gifts...it is my hubby that is the one that has a hard time keeping something...he wants to give it right away!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I am really having a hard time with keeping up with blogging and visiting, ever since we moved out of our home in Georgia and moving into our home in Kentucky! I have to get more in a routine.

Blessings & Aloha!