Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Prepping for Relay 4 Life

 A quick note on what I've been doing lately....getting ready for the Relay for Life coming up this weekend in our town.  I'm food committee chairman and I've been contacting stores for donations of food for our snack shack at Relay. So far I've scored a case of hot dogs and buns, 2# of Starbucks coffee (ground) so we can just brew it ourselves (not me actually since I don't know how to brew coffee)and cups, gift card from Walmart, where we will most likely purchase all of the soda we need,and a few other things. Other food provided as well.    So will be busy for a few days later in the week but it's worth the work. Remembering our survivors at the survivor lap and luminarias in honor of friends who have or had cancer. Hot air balloon night glow after the luminarias. Can't wait to see the 5 balloonists put that on. All weather dependent on the wind. Morning, the balloons will rise, which is fun to watch as well. Relay is from 6 PM Friday nite to 12 noon Sat. Why do we walk 18 hours? Because cancer never sleeps.




No comments: