Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Funny Foto

I've been busy these past few days getting ready for Relay for Life in our town. I got all the food we needed on Thurs. so Friday wouldn't be quite so hectic. I've not done this before so I chose to do things one bite at a time!  Friday afternoon, my daughter,who wanted to help me, (unemployment is getting very boring for her) and I left and went over to the park. We started setting things up in the snack shack. It opened at 5:30, with a few people buying things. Two local church youth groups manned the snack shack til noon on Sat. So once I got the adult leader all clued into what was happening, I just stayed out of the way, checking in ever once in awhile.  To make a long story short, we came home  about 11:30 p.m. Fri. since it's just a few minutes from our house, slept and got up and went back at 9:30 a.m. Sat. There til a bit after one p.m. Tired from not a lot of sleep and running around. 

This photo is of what I saw this morning when I came out to dining room for breakfast. Last night, I was putting things away. My camera bag and hat were supposed to go in another room.  They didn't make it so they were just waiting in the morning for me.  

 This afternoon I was thinking about this scene. Years ago when I was in the Air Force, a crew of men came with A-10s (on TDY) to RAF Bentwaters, where I was stationed.  I'd got to know a few of them.  I took a photo of my friend's (Bill) helmet (with his sunglasses) sitting over his boots. We called it "airman short".  What should I title this one? 

Speaking of short, I'm going to stop this now and go take a little nap since I'm short on sleep. Will be back shortly, in a few days, with photos of relay and next to last post of my Nicaragua trip. Til then, God bless you all and thanks for stopping in for a visit! 


No comments: