Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bliss:Thoughts on Thursday

This evening I read something written by J.R.R. Tolkien (1892-1973), British scholar and author, in a letter written to Michael Tolkien,  March 1941. "Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates.  But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to. (Christian Standard magazine, June 2013.)

Quite the thought......I tend to think my husband is my perfect soul mate. There may be better choices out there, but Phil was who God chose for me in the little corner of my world in England 36 years ago. We have been pretty good with each other all these years and I pray our love will continue to grow til the end of our story time here on earth. Praying it will leave a legacy of love to our children and grandchildren and friends.

1 comment:

Laury said...

I like that quote. Thanks for sharing:)