Sunday, August 25, 2013

Busy Sunday

 We've had a busy week. I shared a post with you about our trip to the coast last Sat. Since then it's been work this week and making biscuits to help out friends in their time of medical need.  I made the biscuits on Tues. evening. Put the dough in the fridge so dough wouldn't rise. I baked them Wed. evening, thinking we'd take the biscuits over the following evening on our walk. We wound up taking them over when D got home from the hospital, Friday evening. Sigh! Not looking good for our friends who are in their later years.  They enjoyed the biscuits, a bit at a time.  Connie gave me this rose to bring home. I had Phil cut one off our bush that was just a bud. I thought it would be nice to take them something pretty from our lawn. We never know when our day is going to come to leave this planet and end in heaven. So thankful for our friends who know the promise of heaven all because what Jesus did on the cross for us. Amen.


 A few weeks ago it was trying to rain. It's been so hot and dry this year, not normal for where we live in Oregon.  I had my camera with me so I took a photo of my little dashboard pal turtle and rain on my windshield. It rained enough to settle the dust, as the saying goes and that's about it!

       These clouds looked like rain but they didn't produce much. Sigh!   On Thursday evening it rained quite well. It was a needed relief!  Fast forward to this a.m. about 10:45, the rain started again. Oh, dear, church picnic coming up this afternoon!  Later when we were leaving our house, it had stopped raining but then it was raining as we were on our to the park. Think we were going into the same cloud that was in town. But by the time we got into the park, the rain had stopped!!!  Nice time at picnic and good fellowship, followed by a river baptism. (Sorry, no photos this time. I didn't walk down onto the rocks to the river but was able to see from above.)

      Phil and I walked to dinner this evening and started on a short walk after that but  turned around and came back to the house, walking very quickly. It was raining hard by the time we turned into our driveway.  We had to towel dry our hair it was so wet. Then I changed my sweatshirt and jeans cuz they were wet!   Thank you Jesus, for the glorious rain that we really needed!


        Aug 9 was the evening for artists' reception at an art show. I entered 3 pieces of my work. Only two are seen here. There were too many people carrying on a conversation by my tulip photo.  I was disappointed that none of my pieces were selected for a ribbon.  When I picked them up on Sunday, I had a honorable mention for the hibiscus photo. My Lion at the Cathedral got beat out by a cat painting that got Best of Show!  Sigh. Can't win them all. There were a lot of pieces of work that were really good that got no ribbons either.  Subject to interpretation for the judge. Oh well, we are enjoying them on our walls. The Nicaragua photos are in the hallway as the paint in there looks great with the matting. The coloring on these photos aren't the best since lighting is fluorescent and I tried to make it look a bit better by adjusting the colors a bit. 


Scripture to share for the day:
"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrews 12:1-2

Have a great week, my friends. Thanks for stopping in! I am enjoying the comments and adding more people as my followers. Let me know you stop by! Thanks!



1 comment:

Laury said...

Great job on your picture! We are seriously needing rain too. Enjoy your week! <3