Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mid Week Musings

Our weather really changed once autumn came this Sunday. It's been cool and rainy all week up til today. Much clouds and a bit of a breeze. This afternoon it warmed up and was comfortable. Puddles remain in the garage from our cars. I bought winterizer for our lawn and some lawn seed to re-seed it. Hopefully it gets done before it gets too cold. Seed doesn't germinate below 50 degrees. I made sure the seed was almost all perennial. Why? So there will be more grass next year. Annual dies out and needs re=seeded again. Just like an annual plant, need to buy another one next season.   Speaking of plants, I need to go pick up my tulip and crocus bulbs at the tulip farm before mid Oct.  I ordered them this spring when I visited the tulip farm.        
The Chinese lantern plant in photo is a favorite of mine. I've not bent low enough into my wallet to buy one yet. Cheapest one is $20. It is so cheery. It would last all season and then re-seed for next year.  Tough choice. I'm saving my money for a little trip east in a few weeks.  Always something to buy, tempt me. I have to walk away. I need a new tripod as two legs are not good and want to get a new one before my trip. Necessity!    
   This week has been a bit stressful, due to 2 people dying that go to our church. Expected but not both the same morning. They weren't married to one another. So will share with you more on that later. I need to head for bed. It's late. Laundry is almost dry. Blessings, my friends!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the Chinese lantern plant also. Wish I had one. My mom did when I was little.

Our weather has gotten cool too. In fact at work it's downright COLD. I am not a happy camper. I don't like the cold. But it's all part of God's plan, isn't it? I do love autumn, just not winter.

Karen Frost said...

It is getting very cool here, too, especially at night. Brrrrrr! Sorry to hear about your church members passing - blessings to all who knew and loved them.
Chinese lanterns are so fascinating - too bad they are so expensive! I have never grown them, but always wanted to.
Hope your weekend is restful.
Hugs, xoxo
Karen

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. Have a restful weekend!

My mom and dad have the Chinese lanterns and I love that they dry so beautifully too.

Blessings & Aloha!