Thursday, October 24, 2013

Foggy Thoughts

I waken......alarm goes off...oh dear it's morning.  I want to stay under the blankets, as it's that time of year to snuggle under them. Don't make me get up.....just yet.....I reach for my Samsung tablet and read my email. I arise from the warm bed, eyes half open, slippers on warm feet, pulling a sweatshirt over my head.  I poke the button for heat pump to rise 2 degrees. Head for kitchen for breakfast. Must get ready for work.   Leaving garage in car, I turn car lights on due to fog. Like fog in my head......it's not cleared yet either.  I turn on radio and KLove radio station plays encouraging music along my route to work.  I think of way to conquer an issue with a customer at work, should it arise, again. (it doesn't!)   God, I need you this day, as I do every day, every hour.     I step from car and greet Dimitrio who's by his pickup truck....just coming from hardware store.......thank a customer as he holds door open for me to enter hardware store. My fog is lifting. Not outdoors......yet.      All a matter of perspective...how I deal with foggy headed emotions.  SONshine in my heart!  


"But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head!"  
Psalm 3:3 NKJV

"For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You."
Psalm 33:21-22 NKJV

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I listen to K-Love too. Especially on those foggy mornings in my brain when the messages on Hope-FM just won't sink in. I love looking at fog, just hate driving in it. Hope you are having a great day at work.

aimee said...

I have a love/hate relationship with fog depending on where it is, how bad it is and how long it stays around!
Loved your photos and verses!
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Definitely time for warm clothes, quilts and comforters!

Camille said...

It's been foggy here, too. I enjoyed a glimpse into your recent morning my friend. Have a lovely day! Blessings and Hugs, Camille