Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Thoughts

It's late Sunday afternoon. One load of laundry now in dryer. 
Load number 2 is washing. Not something I usually do. Snuggled on the couch,  another cup of tea in front of me, decaf this time. Another caffeine wouldn't be good, altho it would keep me awake, at night as well. Snack of cereal bar already consumed.
     
I visited my sis up in Washington state.  Left Fri afternoon, returned last nite at 10. Good trip and visit. I enjoy being with my sis.  She is a great cook. I took a pie for Fri eve dessert.

 Phil went with me. He drove home. I spent some time reading One Thousand Gifts...A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are....written by Ann Voskamp. So glad I had it on my Kindle (within my tablet.) Very good reading...now I'm half way thru this book.  But right now I've already started my 1000 gifts of thankfulness. Finding moments thru my day to be thankful for. Last night, after I finished chapter 5, I glanced over to the instrument panel that was lit in the car.  It dawned on me to add, to my list....thankful for my husband who can drive me home.  (Even though we annoy each other with our differences of opinion, at times.) We joke and laugh. We love each other.  I have a dear friend whose husband can't drive due to back problems.  They cherish their travels together as well. Just differently. Just as everyone else does...life is different for all of us. But there is a reason to be thankful throughout our day. It gives life a better perspective. It's giving worship to God in our thankfulness.  Join me in finding your 1000 gifts. Can you find that many by the end of the year?

I've been following Ann Voskamp on her blog.
It's an interesting read. Thought provoking.
Walk stronger in faith. Or start a new relationship with God.
You won't regret it. Blessings, my friends.

"I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little." 
 Philippians 4:11-12


2 comments:

aimee said...

Those are GREAT verses Becky! I think God is trying to get my attention this week--several of the blogs I regularly visit have had very timely posts:) Being thankful, at all times, puts our focus back on God instead of our circumstances or the problems of the world around us. It protects us from doubting God's goodness also (which satan always tries to bring us doubts about). Thanks for sharing and have a blessed weekend:)
Blessings, Aimee
PS: Happy to hear you had a good visit with your sis!

Linda W. said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Always great to hear from another PNW blogger.