Saturday, December 14, 2013

Tis Beginning to look like Christmas

It's starting to look like Christmas at our house. I've been busy with calendars, wrapping up a box to ship to sis, and staying sane at the same time. Work. Not got to Christmas cards yet. I'm late! Oh well...life moves on. I bought the wreath at the hardware store where I work. A local Hispanic lady made a lot of them and my boss bought them from her. She needed help with bills as her dad has been sick. She was sweet. So I had to have this one by my door. I opted to hang it by the door. No pine needles into the house. Visible walking up to door!

I totally forgot I had this nativity set by Lenox. I was going through a box in my closet. It is so pretty! Candles are behind it and there's a tea light candle that comes with it. I enjoy having it on our table.

Our Jesse tree in the dining room. I will share more about it later.

Fiber optic Christmas tree in our living room. I put it up this afternoon. I was trying out a different setting on my camera. We're going to see some Christmas lights soon. I found something that inspired me in a photography magazine to try. This setting did well.

Then I went outside and tried it on our rhody bush with the net lights. It turned out pretty good. There is a LED street light real close that helps with lighting. I didn't use flash.

My daughter has been painting some little ceramic ornaments. I took a photo of them b4 I moved them off table. It was time for them to go away from the table for dinner, finally.   I moved a table out of living room into family room so we can eventually put up the Christmas tree. It's still in it's bag in garage. I am lazy about decorating for Christmas this year. I'm not sure why! I'd better get on the ball and get rolling before Christmas rolls in.  We got out of our frozen status on Thurs, which was a blessing.  Busy week ahead with 2 birthdays and our work Christmas party at work. How are all of you doing?  I'll be back with more photos.  Take care!

5 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Becky! I have my email on my blog - drop me a note and I'll invite you to the next blogger luncheon! It looks like you're all set for Christmas!

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Beatrice Euphemie said...

It looks pretty festive already! So nice of you to buy the wreath to help out the lady with the sick Dad. I feel the same as you do about decorating this year. I am wanting things more calm and quiet for some reason. This feeling must be going around.....Hang in there and enjoy each lovely moment. Hugs xo Karen

Kathy said...

Nice pictures, Becky. I love your little nativity. I try very hard to keep Jesus the center of my celebrating. Your light pictures turned out good too. I'm not very good at taking lights pictures. Maybe it's my camera. Yeah, I'll blame it on that.

aimee said...

Good job with the Christmas light photos! It is fun to play with different camera settings isn't it?
SO happy to be out of the freeze zone and back to (almost) normal PNW weather:)
Kathy--your camera comment made me giggle inside!
Advent Blessings,
Aimee

Video Xmas Louisette+dogs said...

✳ Have a nice day ¸.•¤*✳

) _./'\._¸¸.•¤**¤**¤ •¸.•¤*
( *•. .•*•¤*¸.•¤* ¸.•¤* ¸.•¤*✳
.__Π___/.•*•.\
/_____ /\ * 5 *****
l|_田_ l_l ✳
¤ª“˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜“ª¤☆✳ video Xmas last year dowstairs