Sunday, January 12, 2014

Multnomah Falls Bridge hit by a Rock

Just a few months ago, Phil and I were at Multnomah Falls. It is so pretty. But late this past week, a rock came down and hit the bridge. It hit about where the person on bridge in orange coat is standing. I took this photo in Oct 2013. Scroll down to see the video I embedded from KGW website.   Even though bridge is inaccessible at this time. we are planning to go in Feb. on my birthday for lunch. My sis gave us a groupon for lunch at the lodge. The falls still run!

                       

4 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

It's a shame about the rock hitting the bridge, isn't it? I am glad you'll be going back to visit soon - maybe someday I'll be volunteering when you visit!

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Teresa Kasner said...

Say - if you do comment approval.. you don't really need the comment code box, too. :-)

Laury said...

Wow! That's pretty crazy. Good thing it happened at night.

Linda W. said...

I'm so sad this has happened. I was just up there hiking the weekend after Christmas and came down this trail. I hope they can get it fixed quickly, but the damage looks pretty extensive.