Monday, January 13, 2014

I've Been Up To.....

.....staying warm and getting over the flu bug since Thurs. That's when my throat was starting to twinge a bit at work! Saturday I wore these  Soul Mate sox. I bought them a few years ago. They are so warm. They make me happy! (I'm hoping to go back to work tomorrow. I took a day off to get better. I've got more energy today for sure. That's a good thing!)

I finally got all my items transferred from my old purse into my new purse I bought a few weeks ago. Old purse is gone! To the garbage! I'm still working on how I want everything arranged in the purse. It seems like that's about normal when moving from one purse to another,right?

Pizza in the oven for dinner on Saturday night. Phil mixed up the crust for me. Yummy leftovers! For lunches!

Mug full of tea. Yes I drink it with milk. That's the British way.

My coleus is trying to die on me, even though I've tried to winter the plant over inside. So here is two pieces in a jar, with water. Maybe I can get roots to grow, like my mom does. And the start my mom gave me, it died! Bummer! I've not told her though. She's got a good window for her plants in the nursing home. Sigh!

Working on my thankfulness journal....One Thousand Gifts...by Ann Voskamp. Really good book and it's amazing what I've been thankful this past year, since I started in Nov 2013. I've started this year's list already, in the same book since I have pages to use. I tend to quit using a notebook in midway. Used it for a few years, pick it up again. Just as well use the rest of the pages!

Net lights on rhododendron bush as of  Sat. Phil took them done today. I miss them already. It was nice to see where our house was from the end of the street.

There are 5 pages of my Soul Sustaining verses on the side of our fridge. That way we can look at them every day. So far there's 2 verses memorized. John 1:1 and 5. I've memorized vs 1-5. Just because I remember them from Bible college days when we memorized half the first chapter!
"In the beginning was the Word and the word was with God and the Word was God. It was with Him from the beginning. All things were made through Him and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life and the light was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:1-5

It's been a good few days, overall. I am tired of being home. I did go out this evening before dinner to grab a gallon of milk, as we were low! Making biscuits for dinner used up most of the milk. Need some for cereal in the morning!  So it's good night from me and will be back with you soon! Tomorrow is a new day, when in the morning God mercies are new! For that, I am truly thankful!

5 comments:

Camille said...

So sorry you have been ill my friend...not fun! Your socks are cute. :) I know all about making tea the *right* way...make me chuckle. Yes, a little milk in the cup first...it's British. :)

Blessings to you!

Camille

Julie G. said...

I hope by now you have recuperated and are feeling 100%. It seems that so many people have been sick this winter. Tea really hits the spot when one is not feeling well.

Mmm! That pizza sure did look good! Years ago, I used to knead up batches of homemade pizza dough quite often. I might have to do that again soon.

Also, a very gracious thank you for the nice remarks you left on my recent blog post. Much appreciated!

Kathy said...

Oh, Becky, so sorry you've been sick. I hope you are much better by now.

I keep saying I'm going to change my purse and never do. Isn't it something that we can never find things in the new one.

Cute socks!

aimee said...

Hope you feel better soon! Love the socks:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm also sorry that you got the dreaded lurgy. Our little grandsons are ill too. Poor little buggers. I also love your socks! Get well soon...
((hugs)), Teresa :-)