Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sneak Peek Sunday

February has been a busy month already. Here's a peek at what's been happening. On Feb 14, my birthday, Phil and I were at Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukie. Phil is looking at the water wheel outside the store/bakery/restaurant.

After our lunch at the Mill, we went to Trader Joes. I got a free bouquet of flowers there, cuz it was my birthday!

I opened all my cards from friends and a few family members.  Seven of these cards are from Love and Envelopes club. We send out birthday cards each month and in return you get some on your birthday. It's ending soon so it was a fun run for three years.
This weekend I met up with my sister, Kerri (who lives in WA) at Seaside. We both have birthdays in Feb. A one day trip, I thought at the beginning of planning, turned into a trip to the beach and an overnight stay! The weather was pretty and chilly too. We are standing in front of the Lewis and Clark statue on the Promenade roundabout. Notice the trees on the hillside just above my shoulder, on the left.


We walked on the beach in late afternoon. The little bump to the right of the hill is Tillamook Rock lighthouse. That's the closest I could get without a zoom lens.
writing out my blessings
Once back over the coastal mountains, I stopped at Wendy's for a meal on Sat. before I came home. After eating, I wrote out two days worth of blessings.  I wrote out a daily scripture verse from KLove for Feb 21 (Friday) "Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let us press on to know Him. He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn or the coming of the rains in early spring" Hosea 6:3 NLT . My blessings for that day were: good drive, to Seaside, where there were some bumpy, funny spots in the road and a tunnel and memories of children's sayings from previous trips....(made me smile, laugh and then a few tears); lunch with Kerri; walking on beach with Kerri; amazing pink sunset; spa bath that made me feel great, esp. my feet!  Saturday, Feb 22, beautiful morning; finding a few items at Rag and Bone second hand store; safe drive home; lovely view one last time of ocean; talking with my sister.***That's it in a nutshell. Will be sharing more later this week. God's blessings to you, my dear friends!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your photos Becky! Sounds like you had a marvelous time both this last weekend and on your birthday! Beautiful birthday bouquet by the way and amazing Bible verse-loved it :-)
Blessings, Aimee

Linda W. said...

Happy B-day! I have a February B-day too. Looks like you had a great trip to the coast.

Betsy said...

Happy snowy Monday. I enjoyed your seaside pictures today. I've actually stood in that same spot before. With all the now we're having these days, I would love to be at the coast right now. My sister and I also have February birthdays. Mine is the 1st and hers the 11th. She lives in Iowa though, so we don't get to spend much time together anymore. I'm glad you get to see yours more often.
Blessings,
Bets

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Birthday, Becky! What a sweet treat to spend your special day with your sister at the beach. My sis and my Father's birthdays are in Feb., too. Hope you have a good week. Think sun :) xo Karen

Kathy said...

Happy birthday, Becky! And it looks as if you had a great one. Love all the pictures you showed us. Such fun to be with both your brother and sister.

Becky L. said...

Thanks for sweet comments. It was a good time. Kathy, Phil is my husband, not brother.
Betsy, I saw some forest destruction due to the snow and then probably the big wind storm we had a couple Sundays ago. Once I got over the coastal range pass and down further towards Seaside, there were downed trees. Will remember to write more about that in my post.
Beatrice, it was a fun time at the coast. I always dislike the leaving part!
Linda, I saw a tree decorated with red garland when I was going over the pass to the west. I thought of you and your hunt after Christmas for ornaments in the woods. I didn't stop and take a photo but it was right by the roadside.
Amy, I like that scripture verse as well.

Simone said...

I have never been to Seaside. Looks like that is a place that I need to venture to. Hope your birthday celebration was wonderful!

Becky L. said...

Simone, Seaside is about 2 hours from my house. The drive thru the woods is beautiful. I'll share more soon.