Saturday, March 1, 2014

Catching Up

Last Saturday I took this photo on my phone camera.  Right before we left the beach. One.more.look! It was beautiful but a bit on the chilly side as well.


Planning a trip for our spring get a way...AAA did it again. Why do they always know where I wanna go or where I've been? I enjoy these magazines. Good ideas. The photo on top is where I wanna be this spring. Since we didn't get to to go Multnomah Falls for lunch in Feb., no thanks to the landslide and weather! We are planning on going up that way in a few months!

This morning at breakfast, with oatmeal and raisins in my bowl, I wrote out the last of Feb. blessings in this book. I bought a bigger notebook yesterday and will start with March in new book. I'm looking forward to what I am blessed with and fill 120 pages by end of 2014. 

Cross and floral display from a memorial service last Friday at church. I wasn't able to go because of other plans already in place. This arrangement was still at church on Sunday. Monte will be missed. One more friend taken from earth to heaven all because of cancer. Sigh! I'm so thankful for heaven all because of Jesus!

I was looking at shoes the other day at Rack Room shoes. It's where my friend, Tamara, works. I tried a pair of boots on. They fit but not sure about them. I think less bulky sox are in order to really decide if I want them. Same brand as my fake ugg boots, remember?

I spied this pair of shoes and am thinking about getting them for my granddaughter. If I bought the boots, then I'd get these for 1/2 price! I can also use my veteran's discount to get additional 10% off.  Or I may buy a pr of sandals, which are less than the boots and save even more money!  Not sure if I really need the boots! *******I finally figured out how to get photos off my phone. I had to search a bit but managed to finally get them onto my computer. But I messed up and didn't close a file so those photos are not on my phone now. Win some, lose some! All these photos were taken with my cell phone, that's about 3 years old. No driver available, which is annoying. Eventually a new phone but it still works. Not a smart phone (honor student), just a phone I text, call and take photos on (average student).  Soon I can share another view of our snowy adventure soon! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Looks like you are having some fun, Becky! I love the beach when it is empty and you have it all to yourself. I could spend hours just beach combing. It's so thrilling to find some sea glass. I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy! Sorry about your friend from church....it seems to happen so often these days. So sad. Love your gratitude book - I bought a blank journal to start one. I like the boots and the little sparkly shoes. It's hard to decide whether to go for boots or sandals. I guess either way you can't lose. I've never taken a photo with my phone. I live in the dark ages. *grin*. Enjoy your week and hope you have many blessings. Hugs xo Karen

aimee said...

I love the little shoes--I think my granddaughter would like them too! I LOVE the beach too--as you well know:)
I take photos all the time on my phone. It's an android and OK for photos if the conditions are good.
Sorry about your friend. Always hard...
Blessings,
Aimee

Becky L. said...

Beatrice, I've never found sea glass or maybe saw it but didn't know what it was. I enjoy the coast so much I would like to live there for a month one of these years!
Aimee, am still thinking about those shoes. My friend, Krissy, died last Friday. Sad but she's at peace!