Sunday, March 23, 2014

New Van for New Song Mission

Remember this truck at New Song Mission I shared with you some posts back? This is the truck that's used for driving around with people in it. Getting supplies. Sometimes it rains. They have a tarp. Not easy to sit in the back. My dream for New Song Mission is a gently used van that's enclosed. Well maintained. No tires falling off! Recently I was notified by Linda Gable that they found a used van for $9,000. It's a 15 passenger van and a luggage rack on top. When I was in Nicaragua, I expressed my desire to help them with a need. A van is a need for them. They have no cars to drive there that are good any more. This van is  always in need of repairs.  It's my passion to help them get a nice van that is even nicer than what they want. Safe. Nice interior. Working parts. Comfortable. Windows that open and close, doors that lock and open correctly. Just like we have in the states. Help them move their teams where they need to work. Shop for supplies. Visit people in their own vehicle instead of needing to borrow someone's car that's on vacation in the states then they come back early and then there's no vehicle but this truck to use. {It happened to us}. 

So if you are so inclined to help my friends, who are living in Nicaragua and serving God and helping others better themselves and love the Lord, jump on board with me. Any amount is fine. 
Information about New Song can be found at this link....New Song Mission
Click on tab that says Donate. Scroll down near bottom of page for address to send you checks to. Mark it for mission van in the "for" line on your check and a letter would be good as well with you name and address, for tax purposes.  There is no way to send money for van since it not listed on the drop down for recurring donations. {It used to be on the list but it's been changed.Sigh!}  You can also contact them at info@newsongnica.org     I will contact Linda to see how to electronically send funds for the van. 
New Song Mission has a church on the premises and a medical/dental clinic. They are training people to bake. Helping people with work to support their families. 
Thanks for your support, my friends. I will keep you updated.

My trip to Nicaragua  link....at bottom of the post will be links to other posts of Nicaragua trip, if you've just joined me or just wanna refresh your memory!
"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."  Philippians 2:3-4 NKJV

linking with Deidra

No comments: