Sunday, March 9, 2014

Praying for Krissy

This afternoon, Phil and I went over to some friends house for a birthday celebration. Krissy's birthday is tomorrow. So they were having a party for her. She's struggling with cancer. But she's a fighter and just keeps rebounding. I've not seen her in a few months. So we went and visited. When we walked in I was expecting Krissy to be in the living room. No. She was laying in bed. Oh my! I nearly cried on the spot. But I went to her and touched her hand. She couldn't speak. She was looking at me, blinking her brown eyes at me. Her hair had grown out long now, was much shorter in photos and when I saw her last.  I asked her if I could pray for her, placed my hand on her head and prayed for her healing and that God would bless her with a miracle of healing.........She smiled at me when I was done. I had tears in my eyes. I believe in a miracle. It can happen. She has a wonderful family. A wonderful husband. Two adorable children that need her.   Her 8 year old daughter picked out these dried flowers and butterflies from the Dollar Tree and made this bouquet for her mom. She's all into decorating for her mom.  (Daughter had cancer when she was 1.5 yrs old and is doing quite well now!) Young son is fine and adorable and they are full of life!

The goodies. Must have cake. There was other food but we'd just eaten.  So the cake was cut. Of course I had to have a chocolate cookie! A few children running in and out.

Boxes in the dining room. I love this!  You must make each day count as you struggle well with life. In this instance, living with cancer, daily. We've supported this family through prayer and food and being there if they need me. All we can do is pray! It's ok to pray for a miracle. Jesus healed people as He walked this earth. I believe He can heal Krissy. That's what faith can do! Please pray with us for Krissy and her daily struggle and for her healing. For her family.
 *************************

Once we returned home, I swept out this mess of water in our garage. When it rains, it leaks in. I needed to do a bit of physical work to vent my tears and frustration a bit. Sad for my friend. But that analogy of Jesus wiping our tears dry came to mind as I was sweeping! No need of tears in heaven as there is no sadness there. We will all be healed. Even though I pray a miracle to happen for Krissy here on earth, the ultimate healing is when she goes to heaven. It's selfish to say it would be nice to still have her here on earth with us. God's way is best. I don't like suffering at all! It's not my place to do anything else but leave it all to God. He's got the whole world in His hands. He loves us so much.

*****************
"You number my wanderings;
 Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?
 When I cry out to you, 
Then my enemies will turn back;
This I know, because God is for me.
 In God (I will praise His word),
In the Lord (I will praise His word),
In God I will put my trust;
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

Vows made to You are binding upon me, O God;
I will render my praises to You,
For You have delivered my soul from death,
Have You not kept my feet from falling;
That I may walk before God 
In the light of the living?"

Psalm 56:8-13 NKJV

5 comments:

Linda W. said...

I'm sure your friend really appreciated you visiting her! Yes, I too am hoping for a speedy recovery.

aimee said...

Times like this really test our faith and trust in God. I know. It helps a bit to know that we see such a small part of the picture, but it is still really, really hard. I will say a prayer for your friend tonight. Peace.
Blessings, Aimee

Camille said...

So sorry about your friend, Becky. I am praying for her today. Hugs, Camille

Kathy said...

I am a cancer survivor. I understand. Will be praying for your friend.

Becky L. said...

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for my friend,Krissy. She died Friday evening. Sad but glad she's not suffering.