Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday Eve Thoughts

     Have you felt like you never get enough sleep? (I don't like time change.) There's always something to be done at home when you have to be at work 4 days a week? Weather wacky so you really don't know if you should wear a warm long sleeved shirt to work or short sleeve? Warmer now than last year so I didn't wear out my sweatshirts? That's how my week felt. And it's only Thursday!  I had two things to do on Friday, now there's three since I had to add a dentist appt this week. Sinuses still bothering me but so are my teeth. I am not putting it off any longer. Dentist receptionist called this a.m. while I was getting ready for work. I didn't have phone's ringer on. (I shut cell phone ringer off at night since it's in my purse by my bed.)  She wanted to see if I could reschedule for today (no, I have to work and hours already logged in for paycheck tomorrow). Or come in half hour early on Friday (no since my visit with mom and lunch time is already crunched time-wise.) They knew I was coming since Monday. Sigh!  


    Sometimes working is just not my cup of tea. I'd rather be blogging, working on my photography (going thru folders on line and downsizing them, working in selling photos on computer) organize my little office area......you get the idea. But I work anyway and realize that there are people coming into the hardware store to buy things they need to fix their houses, cars, boats, and ask for help. I direct them sometimes to where they need to be. They make me feel happy at times, laugh at my jokes once in awhile when I tell them to customers I know well. Cry when I find out one has died (which happened this week).....so there is a need to work. A feeling of satisfaction of a job done well, for the most part. So I am happy to be at the end of my work week. Tomorrow and Saturday are full of places to go, people to see. Love on my mom in the nursing home. Water my tulips and crocuses I planted a couple weekends ago. They are starting to shoot up in this warm weather. 

This book has been on living room coffee table. Megan's been studying Algebra this semester (her last on line college class! Rejoice!!) I think this critter looks like a horse. She thinks it's a fish. It reminded me of a book she'd been studying awhile back. Remember this one?   My how time flies. We are excited graduation is coming soon. But since Liberty University is in VA, it's too far to go on our budget. A celebration is planned with announcements and photos (by me) sent out. Praying she lands a better job soon as well. Dishwashing for now is ok but.......    

As we go on in life, days are good, mediocre, bad, great. But all of it belongs to God.  Today's verse on KLove, which I have in my inbox every morning states....

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." I also like the two verses after that...."Let those of us who are mature be thus minded; and if in anything you are otherwise minded, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained." 
 Philippians 3:14-16 (RSV)

Take care my friends, enjoy your weekend. God bless!

3 comments:

Linda W. said...

Yeah, I'd rather be skiing, hiking, editing photos, etc... anything other than going to work! But ya gotta pay the bills somehow so off to work I go.

Betsy said...

It's true that work gets in the way of the things we would love to be doing. I worked full time from when I was 13 until two years ago. We worked and worked and I'm so happy now that I can be home, (at least for now). I'm looking forward to seeing you next week!
Blessings,
Betsy

Becky L. said...

Yes, I know~! I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go. Thanks, Linda and Betsy for sharing you thoughts with me.