Friday, April 4, 2014

Be a Light

When I first started to work at my computer, there was light coming from my window. There's fresh spring cool air coming through the opened part with a screen between me and the bugs.  Now it's growing darker. Almost need a light! Light is bright enough on the lap top screen, for now. My large snowman tea cup is by my side. Relaxing me. Long day. Good day. Warm spring day. Figuring life out day. A visit to an attorney with a free consultation was good this a.m. Clarified my standings for my mom's needs. Live and learn. It's all good. He's there to help if the need arises. My daughter's friend is his secretary. It's nice to know people who know people.

Just as I need some quiet and dark, I need light. It comes in knowledge. Going to the right person to help. Reading the Bible gives me knowledge and truth from God. He brings light in the darkness. Well, it's time to turn the light on now. {Reach. Click.} Often we can be the light to someone else. At work the other day, a customer had a stretchy black bracelet that read {in white letters} God Is Enough. I told him I like the saying on his bracelet.  We talked a bit and I wound up giving him a little hope for the day. His mom {I think} said that's he's been going through some rough times. They were happy we talked and said "thank you" when they left.  All it takes is a bit of caring. Sharing. Nothing preachy.
{I don't do it when there's other people around.} God appointed moment. Shine the light!


"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor can men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." 
Matthew 5:14-16

{Photo of Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Newport, Oregon at sunset}

Linking up with Deidra  Jumping Tandem

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Light. It's an important part of life. Taking every opportunity to spread His light at every opportunity.
Blessings,
Betsy

Camille said...

SO true...we all need light! I like your lighthouse photo, Becky. And, yes...spreading the love of the Lord is a good thing...the Lord gives opportunities, doesn't He? I love that He does. I am sure you were an encouragement to that young man and his Mom. Many Blessings, Camille

Kathy said...

I do the same thing -- talk to people at work when no one is around. Sometimes all someone needs is an encouraging word and a reminder that God is in control.

I love your picture of the lighthouse. It's so pretty.

Janet Coffield said...

Awesome! :)