Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Beach Time with Sis


Late February,  my sis and I met up in Seaside, Ore. We ate a yummy lunch then figured out where our motel was and checked in. Parking was at a premium since there were a couple events happening that same weekend.  A jazz festival and a high school basketball tournament!  Our room, at Inn at the Prom, was nice and wound up being quiet even in the a.m. The door to the left opened to the shared patio. 
Jetted spa bath tub. Nice and the tile work added a nice effect. Very relaxing.  The small kitchen was adequate for our needs.


A beautiful scene from ground level, looking over this pink heather and the prom and ocean that beckoned us to walk. Of course we did!
A sea gull sitting on sea weed. Then off he flew!

Lovely houses and hotel beach side. I dream of having a house on the coast. My favorite pick would be Bandon, which is southern Oregon coast.
Sunset time! Look at the color changing! I just loved watching it. Then my sis had enough cuz she was cold. Um she was the one who gave me cuddles to wear under my jeans and she was colder than me. I have to see the sunset change. She got where there was less wind. She waited.


Back at the hotel, we got through this gate. There's two of these. I think it would have been nice if they were reversed but it was still nice.
I could sit here a very long time. It was chilly and getting close to dinner time. This was after sunset.
Next a.m. after we packed out of the inn, we stopped at a 2nd hand store I'd been to before. I looked thru clothes, never knowing what I'll find. Here's a couple dresses. Party, bridesmaid? Top one was about my size, bottom one too big. But still liked the colors. I think the bottom one was my favorite dress. But I didn't buy them.  My sis found a few items that her fiance.
I bought 3 items. A lovely pottery pitcher that's sitting on my desk. It's made by Blue Spruce Pottery, in Bend, OR. Still in existence.  Pillowcases were a good deal. I really like the front one. I grew up knowing people who did this kind of stitchery. I think my mom made a few in our time. {We got some as wedding gifts years ago.} It was a find for me and none of this cost much money either!  Then we went over to the outlet mall next door. Did some shopping before we headed back into town. Parked and walked a ways. Good thing since there were so many people in the tourist area. Kerri wanted to eat at Tsunami sandwich shop we saw the night before. It was yummy! Too full for ice cream they had there as well. Then we headed home. Kerri stopped to see our mom before she headed back to WA.
I stopped at The Container Store to pick up an item and get my free birthday gift! A little notebook! Oh, well, I needed this cork board to put up by my desk.  And just because I bought something at The Container Store actually makes me an organized customer!? If it only worked that one. I guess it's one little bit at a time.

Thanks for stopping by, reading this post and commenting. I enjoy reading what you think! And share!

6 comments:

Laury said...

I've been to Seaside before! Looks like you had a great time. Happy late birthday, my friend. <3

Linda W. said...

Nice sunset pics! Great that you were able to spend time with your sister. I've been attending a conference is Seaside all this week.

Betsy said...

It looks as though you had a lovely weekend with your sister. I like Bandon too, but we rarely make it that far south.
I love to embroider pillowcases and dresser scarves, etc. But not too many people want them anymore, they seem to prefer the pillow case to match the sheets.
Thank you for taking us along on your trip.
Blessings,
Betsy

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Sounds like the perfect sister getaway, Becky! A little beach walking, sunset viewing, shopping and good food. What could be better? Hugs xo Karen

Camille said...

How FUN that you were able to have a little getaway with your sister, Becky! What lovely photos of the beach and sunset...it all looks so inviting. I enjoy the coast...so pretty! Yes, if only it were that easy to get organized...LOL! Hugs to you! Camille

Kathy said...

What beautiful pictures of the sunset! It sounds as if you and your sister had a blast. Good times!