Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mid Easter Week Thoughts

A month after Christmas I was in a Hallmark store at Washington Square Mall.  I am always looking for a good deal. So I went through the ornament section that was 75% off.  I picked up this ornament.
 I brought the ornament home. 
Simple. The words rang true.
 Jesus did come to love and share his light in our world. 


It fits perfect with my Jesus Project study of the book of John. I'm memorizing scriptures.
I find the ornament thought provoking this week leading up to Easter.
Jesus came to set the captive free. From what? 
Sin. Burden. Thirst. Death. Lawlessness.

We are set free in Christ. He bore our sin on the cross. Born again!
We serve a Loving God. 
Not long before Jesus was arrested, He prayed for his disciples.
He prayed of all believers. It's one of many favorite passages of scripture. 
He'd take the time to pray for the believers then and in the years to come.

John 17:20-26.....
"....I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, 
and that the world may know that You have sent Me, 
and have loved them as You have loved Me.  
Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with me where I am, 
that they may behold my glory which You have given Me;
for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
O righteous Father, the world has not known You, but I have known You; 
and these have known that You sent me.
And I have declared to them Your name and will declare it, 
that the love with which You loved Me may be in them and I in them."
(verses 23-26, NKJV).


Think on these things. What are thoughts of our Lord Jesus this week? It's humbling. It's different than celebrating Christmas.  I enjoy the beauty of the season. The flowers. [Some Cadbury egg candy.] True reason is Jesus?  His betrayal, death on a cruel Roman cross. He didn't deserve it at all. 
Burial. In a borrowed tomb!  
(To be continued.....)


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh so true. I love that part of Jesus' High Priestly prayer. I love that Jesus was here on earth praying for ME! Someone who would not be born for another 1900+ years, but who He knew would love Him.