Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Multnomah Falls in Spring

In late April, Phil and I visited Multnomah Falls on our way to Hood River. There was quite a lot of mist from the falls. I liked this scene in particular.

This shows the work being done on the bridge that was damaged by a huge boulder that tore a hole in the Benson Bridge. There was alot of drilling going on while we were there. Reminded me of my dentist's drill....no fun! The view just isn't the same with the construction tent but it's another chapter in the life of Multnomah Falls! I enjoy going up to the bridge, but not today!

Walk way to the bridge is closed. Sign says trespassing is punishable fine, up to $300!  The bridge might be open Memorial Day weekend. Check their website before you go. It's still pretty up there, in spite of the work! I'll be back with more photos of that day!
(Update 5/25.....Benson bridge was opened May 19.)

3 comments:

aimee said...

I love this area! Heard somewhere that the bridge will be open this weekend--yippee!
Have a blessed Memorial Day.
Blessings,
Aimee

Camille said...

Beautiful! Isn't it crazy to think that people have to be threatened with a fine for disobeying a *closed* sign that is put there for their own safety?! Too funny. Thank you for always sharing your lovely photos my friend. Hugs, Camille

Gracie Saylor said...

Becky! I found you and lost you and found you again:) It seems the only way I succeed in keeping up with blog friends is by adding them to my blogroll, so your blog is now there. Hope that is ok with you. I have been scrolling through some of your last posts I missed, and I enjoyed each one. Congratulations to your just graduated daughter! I did not make it to the Wooden Shoe this year so especially am enjoying your stunning photo of the fields! Blessings to you and yours! xx
PS Did you see Teresa's photos of the fixed and open bridge at MF?