Sunday, June 8, 2014

Find the Rest

"There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His."  Hebrews 4:9-10 NKJV
It's been busy around here. As usual. Work. Figuring out time for vacation where we get our house re-roofed. Dr appt. Dentist. Shopping.  The other day I sat and didn't do much. It felt good. I find myself tired by mid week, with one day left to work. Last night I sat on the recliner, reading a few emails on my tablet.  I searched to find my Francine Rivers book I'm reading through Play Books. I need to finish the story about Tamar. It's a Biblical story. I remember some of it. I almost opened my Bible to see the real story last night. Nope! Not gonna do it. It felt good to rest. My feet were tired. They needed up.  Life is busy. So I need to rest. Find out how not too push myself beyond tired. Like yesterday.  Today, is Sunday. Not doing much. Went to church. Ate out with Phil after our meeting for Children's church. Yum! Home. How can I get a better grasp on less tiredness at my age? Sleep! Get to bed even half an hour earlier than I have been. I need to own the game of my life....DO what I tell myself to do. Talk. Action!   Sleep! Enjoy beautiful flowers in the surroundings. These roses were out where I took my daughter's senior photos! (last month)  Cool of the evening. Lovely! God's put beauty in the world to enjoy! Have a blessed week, my friends!


Linking up with Lisha  {Sunday Community}



4 comments:

Betsy said...

Rest is important. More and more we're trying to make Sunday a day of rest as much as possible. We had a nice walk tonight before bedtime, down by the lake. Very relaxing.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing your self talk. Tired is something I "fight" with too. We are finally into "summer" here. Last week of school for the girls was a blur! Visiting from Lisha's this morning.

aimee said...

Beautiful roses Becky! We're busy here too...
Blessings,
Aimee

Laury said...

That's so true, Becky. We have to learn to rest. Sometimes our bodies shut down and then we're forced into a rest. Much better to learn before that happens! Love the flowers <3