Thursday, July 31, 2014

Darling Grandchildren

Here I am again. Sharing photos of our grandchildren. Phil and I had planned on watching them before my mom died.Justin then wanted to know if we would still watch the grands.  I said I was ok and would be able to do it, even though Mom's memorial service was the day prior to planned visit. Little did I know how hard it was going to be to crawl out of bed that Saturday morning. Phil said I needed to get up and be grandma that day. It sounded like he was gonna leave without me if I didn't get out of bed soon. So I climbed out of bed, ate breakfast, got ready and he drove. It wasn't til an hour after we got to our son's house that I started to feel better. My little sweethearts made me smile and laugh and there was the ever present hugs from my Melody, who is 6 years old. She's showing me the fairy house she made....it's left of her shoes.

Grandpa Phil and Owen, 3 1/2 years old, are putting a puzzle together. Owen in a puzzle fanatic!


Poising for grandma. Owen will smile and pose a bit then off he goes.  Their mom, Erin, tie dyed these shirts.

After lunch, Phil and Owen were let out of the car then I took Melody with me to the Grocery Outlet. There's one a few blocks from their house. So I decided it was a good time to go, without the guys. I bought Melody this cute owl that you put outdoors in the garden. She likes owls and purple! Interesting that her great grandma liked owls as well.

Melody is wearing a set of fairy wings. I found these hanging on my mom's wall. I knew Melody would like them.

We had a good time with the children.....then their mom and dad came home. We spent a bit of time talking.  They had been to a lavender festival so they brought me a bundle of lavender. I love the fragrance.  Then Phil and I left. I was a bit hungry so we decided, since it was a hot summer's day, we'd stop at Dairy Queen and get some ice cream. They were busy.  It was good to be out and about that day...getting relief from the sadness of the day prior.  I am doing pretty good....I have my moments.  I'm enjoying the summer, even though we've had some hot weather, 90s for days on end.Then a bit of rain last week..... But it's summer and the days are shorter. Flowers are still blooming, wasps and ants and spiders abound.  Til next time, have a good day and will be back soon with more photos. I've finally got my cell phone photos downloaded so there's more to share.....I've been a bit lazy about that! Sigh!  Hugs and thanks for stopping by!!! 

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Becky, I'm so glad you had a good day with your grandchildren. They will brighten any day with their innocence and fun. It's good to hear that your days are getting a bit easier. If you're like me, there will be days when it hits you all over again, but it gets easier each time.
I'm continuing to pray for you.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

Your grandchildren are cute! Nothing like hanging around children to make you smile.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Grandchildren are great medicine! You sound like you got yourself a good man that has a lot of wisdom and strength. God Bless you!