Sunday, July 20, 2014

Glory Revealed

I started writing this post a couple weeks ago. I just couldn't finish because of the pain of loss of my mom. But I feeling a bit better. Relaxed from a much needed getaway yesterday. I hope these words bless your heart!
The week's been challenging to say the least. The scripture verse was one of my mom's favorites.  I wrote on this photo of the sky we saw as we walked out our front door for an evening walk. A walk to relieve stress of heavy-heartedness when one loses their mother. Even though we knew she was bound to die soon, it is still hard when the phone call comes in the early morning hours from the nursing home. I started shaking while talking to the nurse. One last trip, this time in the darkness. One last time to see sweet momma. But it was so different. I prayed to Jesus and commended her spirit to Him.....last time to ever see her again on earth.  But so thankful for the promise of heaven, because Jesus loved us so much. He died to save us. He will be returning for us.

The sky was full of interesting cloud forms the evening of the early morning my momma died.  There were 3 lenticular clouds, one sandwiched between the two other's, resembling a moon pie....remember those?  Photo above is back at our house....near sunset.....lovely, cool evening.   It never ceases to amaze me how God's creation is so beautiful. In sad times, it speaks to the hearts of those who are grieving. Yesterday, my daughter and I were enjoying His creation in Hood River...a needed get away. The beauty of the Columbia River as we were coming home, near sunset. Peace like a river!      I want to share the song by Chris Rice (see link below) as well. The words of the song " I will rise when you call my name, no more sorrow, no more pain, I will rise on eagles wings...."  came to me after the phone call.  Momma is at rest in Jesus. She was ready to go. Had been ready for awhile. Just waiting for Him to call her home. Let's be ready when He calls us!



Linking up with Lisha   Give Me Grace community











5 comments:

Marvia Davidson said...

Becky

I'm so sorry for your loss. May you be held in the arms of God and find comfort to soothe your soul.

Betsy said...

The pain of losing your Mama never really goes away, but hallelujah she is now with The Lord. He has called her name and she has no more sorrow, no more pain. I also LOVE this song. I'm praying for you my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

Continuing to care about your loss, Becky, and rejoicing with you in your mom's faith and your own as you are ministered to by the Comforter. xx

aimee said...

That call is always difficult; I remember. Nature is indeed healing--as is music. I believe God, who created both, meant them to be so. In the weeks following my mom's death, my DH and I went on many short trips to beautiful places. It was a real blessing and helped immensely during that time. It also helped to know that Jesus, while on earth, had suffered the loss of one of His parents too (his step-father Joseph). He truly knows how it feels, but He also knows the joy we will one day know.
God bless,
Aimee

Linda Stubbs said...

Dear sweet Becky........so so so sorry about you losing your precious Momma. It is one of the hardest times I have gone through myself. Our only hope is that we all will one day unite again. Can't imagine those who will never receive that promise. I am asking the Lord to fill your heart with endurance as you grieve your loss. He will become even sweeter to you. Don't be surprise when you feel like an orphan.....it is normal. I often ask Jesus to tell Momma the things I want her to know. Love you sweet friend! Linda