Saturday, July 26, 2014

Patience, Thanks!

Just saying thanks for your kind comments and prayers in the recent loss of my mom. I've been busy, tired. I have photos to share but I just been slow at getting them downloaded to my computer. Last Saturday, Megan and I went to Hood River for a lavender festival. Nice day, fun. Stopped at a farm and bought some fresh fruit. This evening I pitted a bowl of cherries, from last week. They've been in the fridge all week. Still good. Phil repaired our front step today and primed it this evening. So we used the back door. Paint another day.
        I will be back with you soon...maybe Monday.  Thanks for your patience and understanding!


photo by Becky Lowmaster 7/2014
Selfie of Becky and Megan last Sat., Hood River Lavender farm. There were flowers
amongst the lavender. (Cell phone foto)

4 comments:

Betsy said...

My prayers are still with you Becky. It's not easy to lose your parents, losing my Mom was especially hard for me so I know it's not something that you rally from quickly.
We'll be here when you are ready.
Blessings,
Betsy

Becky L. said...

Thank you, Betsy. It's a day to day thing. Right now I'm not feeling well since my right hip hurts from standing too long last evening. So am not going on a long walk today....sleep is good too. In the back of my mind, I think of mom alot lately. Some songs in church bring tears to my eyes more than usual. I've so thankful for the comfort God gives in the time of grief and friends who pray! Hugs!

Gracie Saylor said...

So glad you got to enjoy the lavender farm, Becky. I have been majoring in buying lavender sachets, soaps, and hand cream...and one label says that lavender is a calming scent.

Blessings on you and yours Becky as you walk and rest in this season. xx

Laury said...

Becky, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I've been focused on my husband and his 2 surgeries and being in the hospital. My heart hurts for you but at the same time, we can rejoice together that she has moved on up to Heaven. I can't imagine not having Heaven to look forward to after this life.

Praying for you, that you will be comforted and encouraged by family and friends near you and by the outings you're so good about sharing with us.