Saturday, August 16, 2014

FishFest Saturday

In the heat of the day. FishfestPortland that is in Salem. Walked a bit.   Carrying lghtweight lawn chairs. We listen to Britt Nichol. Enjoyed the messages in her music. Wearing an ear plug while Red is performing. Phil and Megan went to
stand in line for food. Jeremy Camp is coming up next,  Leaving after that. Mercy Me last group. But we have had enuf. There are tons of people here. Getting outta here will be a task.




Megan and I shared a pie. So good. Now it is cooling down. Good thing. So thankful for a bit of breeze now and then. A bit of cool off the river. Megan wandered and found Mercy Me booth and bought their new cd for five dollars. My taco and cool water arrived. He is back in line for his food. How sweet. Have a good rest of your weekend. Enjoy what is left of the good old summer time.


7 comments:

Betsy said...

Sounds like fun. Mercy Me and Jeremy Camp are great. I have actually met Jeremy and talked to him and his wife for several hours. That was back when they were expecting their first baby. Wonderful people. I'm glad you got to go and enjoy yourself. It was beautiful today.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathy said...

I love Jeremy Camp and Mercy Me is one of my favorites. How cool that you were able to go hear them. It looks like a great time!

Kelsey25 said...

That looks wonderful! I'm glad you had fun!

Simone Dankenbring said...

I really like that MercyMe doesn't charge much for their cds. They really bless people that way! Good music AND pie!!!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

LOL, when I first saw the title of your post, I was thinking a literal "Fish Fest" where you buy and try new fish/fish dishes. Now I get it! The Christian radio station had a fest. Glad you had fun!

Camille said...

Mmmm...that pie looked yummy! It's been a lovely summer, hasn't it? How quickly it has flown by...don't you think? Hugs to you! Camille

Gracie Saylor said...

So glad you got to go to the Fish Fest, Becky! xx