Sunday, August 24, 2014

Flower and Blouse on Sunday

 Sunday comes. A new week. Last evening, before retiring, I read Rev 22. It was part of a devotion I'd read last week, at work...I read it on my lunch break.   "And He said to me, 'These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent His angel to show His servants what must soon take place. And behold, I am coming soon.' "  (vs 6-7)  "He who testifies to these things say, 'Surely I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!" (vs 20). This morning at church, the very first song we sang was "Come Lord Jesus Come".  Amazing how it works....scripture and song work together, hours apart!


 This afternoon my husband and I went out for a walk. Just as we got down near the end of our block, 2 dogs on left side starting barking since a young man was walking his two dogs, that weren't barking. At.all. The yippy little dog, behind the fence, to the right of us joined in the barking! Both of us covered our ears. It was deafening!  We rounded the corner then there was a car a couple blocks away, whose alarm was going off. Really?  It quit. We got up a couple blocks further, another car alarm went off. Really? The man who owns the car set it off when he opened the door to get a shirt. We were all laughing, cuz he said to us and neighbor next to him, who was outside....go ahead and arrest me....but it's my car!    Quiet. Finally. Then I walked across the street when I saw this sunflower. Lovely! Peaceful! 


Here's a selfie of me with my new blouse from Cost Plus World Market. I bought it late a.m. after we got out of church. I'd seen this on their web site. There was a $10 coupon to use for a $30 purchase. Expires today. The blouse was in stock, tried it on (ok to try it on in restroom). Then I bought a jar of oregano. I'm out and haven't been able to find it in bulk at Fred Meyer. They've been out last two times I was there.  The shower curtain is also a Cost Plus World Market item. A change for our bathroom. (this photo was taken at our house, in case you are confused about the rooms!)   After we were done with this bit of shopping, we went to Burgerville and enjoyed a meal together. Walla Walla onion rings, from there, are Phil's favorite. Since the season is running down for this local food, we decided to eat out. It was nice. Nothing pressing to make us go home too soon.  Talked.  Again peaceful! Relatively good rest of the day. I made a big salad for our dinner (3 of us). Now I need to clean the kitchen and ready for tomorrow. Tomorrow I will need cut up tomatoes, onions, cilantro and heat them up a bit then into pint freezer bags. Freeze for soup base I like to make.  I should have done it this afternoon. But no, I get a bit lazy on Sunday afternoons. I canned 6 pints of peaches yesterday. And made dinner. No need to stress or wear out myself already!  :-)     Enjoy your week, my friends!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

You canned peaches yesterday? I would be taking it easy too. It must be over thirty years since I did that.

Funny how the start of your day was so noisy and the end so peaceful. Love the sunflower. They are one of my favorite flowers.

I love it when God just confirms what I've been studying. It happens a lot.

Betsy said...

I had to smile at your noisy walk! Some days are like that. My husband had the sermon yesterday at church and it was so nice to have two of our three children there. It's very rare since none of them live here. Anyway, it was very neat that unbeknownst to him, the song leader had songs that went along perfectly with the sermon. God is so good. He knows just what we need to hear.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

Love your sunflower photo. Very nice!

Gracie Saylor said...

I love it when the Lord ties things together so that we can take notice and praise Him :-) xx

aimee said...

Just picked up a box of peaches today which a friend and I split. Tomorrow, early, I will be baking. YUM!
All these sunflowers on blogging buddies blogs are making me want to go see some:)
Blessings,
Aimee

Camille said...

Mmmm....I *love* peaches! Isn't it wonderful to have them fresh and then can some for winter?? Hugs to you! Camille