Sunday, September 7, 2014

Life's Road Building

There's road construction going on in mytownusa. It's been fun watching the process. It's also aggravating.  As it's progressed, when the new road bed was being laid, I started thinking how road building is not unlike a Christian's life.  One must build a good foundation. Something to hold onto. Concert and tar aren't thrown down, rolled, let dry for a day. There, drive on it!!  It has been worked on for months. One layer at a time. The overpass is slowing coming together. One layer at a time.
So with us, one layer at a time, in our lives. There's broken pieces in life from hurts, past temptations, road blocks in our lives that stun us as we go through trials.  We are on our journey to heaven. We seek the best road builder there ever was. God. I re-worked this post since I didn't feel foundation was a correct word for the analogy I was looking for. Concordance uses the word path in the Bible much more than road. Come to think of it, ancient times, people walked pathways made by other people. No concrete, tar, or road graders. NO dump trucks or scaffolds for walls that we see now days.    "Many nations shall come and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, To the house of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk His paths." Micah 4:2

New walls have been  built to make this town look nice. Blocking out some road noise to the residents that live behind the wall. Although we can't see their houses any more, we know they are there. I have a few friends that live on the other side. They choose the right road to get to the destination.  Like me, I have chosen a way not of this world. I have grown in my faith, over the years, one layer at a time. I know where I've been and how Jesus has helped me in all ways.    Jesus has chosen us. "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." John 15:16-17 (NKJV). It's not always an easy road. but God is with you and me, never leaving nor forsaking us. (Hebrews 13:5-6) Encourage one another on the way. Build them up in the Lord....."For all people walk each in the name of his god, But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God, Forever and ever."  Micah 4:5 (NKJV)  Have a blessed week, my friends!
Linking up with Lisha at Give Me Grace


5 comments:

Betsy said...

This is a very thought provoking post Becky. I've never thought of road construction in that way before and I'm sure I'll never see a road project again without thinking of your words.
Blessings,
Betsy

Pat Baer said...

We've been given a very powerful promise, "When we seek him, we will find him," in Matthew 7:8. You are obviously always on the hunt for encounters with the Lord, Becky - and you get them! I loved reading what the Lord showed you through your surroundings. Who knew dump trucks, tar and detours would lead to inspirations from Jesus. I love it! May you have a blessed week too.

Linda W. said...

Your post is interesting to me, as I'm a civil engineer and I work for our city transportation bureau. Yeah, roadwork is dusty and messy but you'll get a nice new street and sidewalks when it's all done! And I think I know which town you are talking about! :) I'll be driving through there next week on our way to Oktoberfest.

Gracie Saylor said...

We are blessed to be so loved as we walk along the way, aren't we, Becky. Thanks for your encouragement! xx

seespeakhearmama.wordpress.com said...

One layer at a time. This walk of faith is built in steps, one after another, and as you say each path is paved much like a road. I'm walking with you Becky.