Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Mix and Match?

A couple weekends ago, my daughter went to the Oktoberfest. She has friends that live in the same town and they allow her to park in their drive way. She usually goes around with her friend but this year things didn't work out for M. to go with her. So daughter went with M's sister.  She had a good time, even though it was a hot day. Later that Sat. evening, she brought me this magnet. Cute!  Yes we can get grouchy at times.

I put it on our fridge next to a magnet I have had for a few years. Of course it's from Holland, since it's from the tulip farm. Colors go together, but different decor completely. 

I thought this was a fun idea, with mix and match plates. I was putting them away from dishwasher. Snapped a foto of them, since we were on the theme of mix and match, or not! Same colors!!!     Do you have any fun items that you mix and match in your house? Take care!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Cute magnet Beckyand I like the plates too! All of our plates are from the same boring Corelle set we've had for years. I'm tired of them but they go on and on! I've been tinkering with the idea of getting mis-matched china plates at thrift stores for our dinnerware. Just for something different.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

I was at Oktoberfest two weeks ago last Sunday! I go every year. Yes, it was really, really hot..... Nice dishes. So colorful!

Terri Tiffany said...

They are beautiful! I love all the colors. SOmeone mentioned having Corelleware. So did we. I finally just bought some cheap plates at Big Lots and a few from a thrift store to use as they were way more fun and colorful!

Camille said...

Those plates are so pretty. They look like the art work of Mary Englebreit (sp?)...are they? I like to mix and match my tea cups for a tea party of the old-fashioned variety. I think it's fun to mix and match....more *country-cosy* that way. Happy weekend to you! Camille