Sunday, September 14, 2014

Reading His Words

I've had these books for awhile. The Inspirational Study Bible I bought a few years ago. I found it in a thrift store while vacationing on the coast with my husband.  I stopped in and looked around. I never know what I'm going to come across. This Bible was sitting on a shelf. I gasped! I'd seen it elsewhere but didn't want to spend the money it sold for retail.  I pulled Bible off the shelf. Flipped through it. Nothing wrong with it.....except someone didn't keep it to read!  Selling price was $6, if I remember correctly. I am so glad I bought it. I enjoy the readings inside that are go along with chapters in the Bible. Concordance.  I purchased The Gospel of John book earlier this year when I ordered another book. I am studying John along with other people, memorizing scripture.  I have fallen back on the second half of memorizing, which I am dislike immensely.  But I started this Bible study this week. By myself. I kept putting it off. I felt the urge, from the Holy Spirit, to read more of God's word. I read some but not in depth at times, which I should. Read and remember what I read!!!!     This week, the verses I want to share is this....."He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God."  John 1:10-13     I am a child of God. Let me stay in your word.
Linking with Leisha Give Me Grace Community

4 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

Scripture memorization is a discipline I want to exercise more, Becky. While thinking on some verses this morning I found myself repeating to God the goal I want to reach. "Your word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You." Ps. 119:11 Blessings to you and yours xx

Betsy said...

Great job on the memorization goals. I was thinking of the Ps. 119:11 verse last week. (Thank you Gracie). I have been very bad at following through on my plans for memory work. Maybe the three of us could try this together.
Blessings,
Betsy

aimee said...

Count me in as another person who would like to memorize more of God's Holy Word. Sorry you haven't felt well Becky. Hope this is a better week for you:)
Blessings,
Aimee

passagethroughgrace said...

Glad you stopped by my blog! I admire those who memorize scripture and even though I have not disciplined myself enough to actually memorize it is still a goal in the back of my mind. have a great week!