Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday Coupon Savings

Today I decided to venture out to Walgreens. I was gonna do it yesterday but I ended up being a house hermit. I stayed indoors except for taking something out to the garbage can!  I had not been feeling good for a few days. So it was good to stay home. {I worked photos and printed out 4 calendars worth of photos.}  Anyway, I needed to do a bit of homework with the sales that were going on this week. I'd read that there were a lot of buy one get one half off deals. I also had some coupons to match. Here is the Walgreens flier, my list and some coupons.  I finally figured out what I was going to buy and packed up coupons in my purse. Off I went to Walgreens. Went the back way since there's a big event in area. Didn't know what traffic was like at interstate level either.

Here is a photo of the nice wall, up close, and a nice, new sidewalk. That has just been finished this week, I think. Next week, west bound traffic gets to drive on the new over pass starting Tues. That will be great. I'm not to enamoured with the small lanes but it's manageable, as long as the trucks stay in their lane! 

My basket full of savings. Everything had a coupon except for the napkins. They were a good price so I bought them, since I love fall themed napkins. If you know me, I have a drawer full of them and I use them. Ask my family!!  St. Ives products were buy one get one 1/2 off. Then I had a coupon for $3 off when you spend $10 or more on St. Ives products.  Caress body wash sale was buy one get one free!  I had a $.75 coupon for that one. Edge, buy one get one 1/2 off and $1 coupon. Progresso soups were 4/$5, store coupon. M&Ms were 2/$6 and had a $1 coupon then got another $1 off from  store coupon book. I changed out these M&Ms for the harvest ones. Arizona Tea store coupon, 2/$1.  Garnier Fructis gel wasn't on sale but I needed it and had a $1 coupon. Annoying that all the other Fructis was on sale but this one. I couldn't find another alternative....I happen to like this one. Chicken of the Sea pink salmon, store coupon for $1.99.    I saved $33.49. I paid $45.65 for $79.12 worth of products.  We use all these items and restocked our toiletry shelf in our bathroom. Except for the food that I stocked in the kitchen!  I did get a pack of gel pens that were on sale that aren't in this cart. I like to look out for sales on pens and paper this time of year, since school supply sales on still going on.    I didn't get everything on the list. A few I decided against.  I have learned to watch sales and coupons that come out the same week. It's a good time to match the sales with coupons. Some times there aren't coupons in the flyers I get in our newspaper on Sunday. So I look online. Coupons.com, GroceryCart.com are a few.  You can check out $5 Dollar Dinner Mom website as well. Sign up for her newsletters and you get coupon news.   Happy $aving$!!!

2 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

Well done, Becky! Too often I lug my coupons around until they are expired, and end up saving nothing :-( You inspire me to do better :-) xx

Betsy said...

I was going to write something and then I read Gracie's comment. Almost word for word what I was going to write. (I think Gracie and I are really long lost sisters!)

That was an amazing savings and I need to work at doing better about shopping with coupons. Job well done Becky!
Blessings,
Betsy