Saturday, September 27, 2014

Weakend!

Weekends are usually busy around our house. But this past weekend was different. Very seldom are all three of us not feeling well.  I had not felt well for a couple weeks. I wound up going to see the doctor early Thurs. afternoon. Left work to do it. I needed help with breathing. Asthma and the wildfire smoke didn't help matters.  It amazes me how hard it is to get into see my regular doctor. Last time I saw another doctor, when I was sick and mine wasn't available was an issue. He had access to my records but didn't know me.  I made it a point, this time, to get my doctor. She did have a slot open. Today! Good! One battle down. Now to get well!  But daughter wasn't feeling good either. I am sure I brought this bug home from work. Sigh!  I won't go into details....it's not something to belabor here for readers of mine!   Blankets and couch looked cozy!  Sleep wasn't too far away in my mind...but had sleeplessness due to med. Next day, I was tired, did some errands both  days...off work days.  But I was breathing better.
But by Saturday, husband wasn't feeling good after dinner. Sigh......we wound up staying home on Sunday. All 3 of us. I couldn't bear getting up and dressing for church. Just not on the program that day. The extra sleep was good.  God wants us to rest. It was Sunday!  I got up and it was almost time for tv church. I have a favorite pastor I like to see when I am not at my real church. Answers with Bayless Conley was my preacher man that day.  Lunch consisted of toasted cheese and meat sandwiches for Megan and me. I cooked them in a new skillet. I had to throw my other skillet away since the coating coming off. This pan is ceramic coated and came with a lid!  Just wanted to show ya!  Moving right along.....
french bread seemed to be the favorite this weekend. Our daily bread!  It was so delicious. Went well with our canned chicken and veggie soup on Sunday evening. We had some Monday with leftover chicken and tater tot soup. For dinner.  Needed to be consistent to keep stomachs happy and people feeling better. I appeared to be the healthier of the 3 of us. But I was tired!  I wound up doing more than I wanted to. Putting away food I'd bought from the store, on Sat.  Putting pork chops in ziploc bags and freezing them. In smaller quantities. Wash dishes. Clean. Did find some time to relax. In all this, I muttered to myself about doing too much. But then I realized there were two people feeling worse off then me. They slept. They sat. They whined....jokingly, I think.  I persevered, was strong. God was my daily bread, giving me strength to carry on.  People think marriage is a 50/50 ordeal. It's more like a give and take ordeal. I gave more than took this weekend. I said nothing. I stopped complaining in my heart. "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him." Psalm 28:7
Later in the afternoon, I decided to get some plants repotted. I was feeling better. So out came my gloves, potting soil, plants from one pot to another.  I realized I needed to move this pot before I filled it up. Pot and saucer was heavy just by themselves. Lovely color. Sedum is lovely this time of year, and will be here for awhile. Succulent.  Notice the brown leaves on the ground already!  I swept the step and walk as well. Never ending job til the tree quits shedding leaves. 


Lavender plants daughter bought the other week. Bigger for next year.   Love and care through the fall and winter. Seasons of life, just like a human.  We need maintenance as well, physical, mental and spiritual.  I seem to find analogies about life as I garden, sweep leaves...apply it to life...need the good soil and sun to grow plants. Sweep away the cares like leaves. Keep sin from coming into the door of my life and spoiling what I believe.  Direct my paths, Lord.  Keep me strong in you, Lord! In.All.Ways.


"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:9-10


Linking up with Lisha, Give Me Grace

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

It's always nice to meet someone new to me via the blog world. I'm your neighbor at Lisha's this week. Hope you and your family are fully recovered!

Becky L. said...

Elizabeth, we are feeling better. Daughter still is coughing but much improved, thanks!

Betsy said...

I'm sorry to hear that your houseful have all been sick.nothing worse than being the one trying to keep it all together when you feel icky too. Great analogies though...it sounds as if you've keep your sense of humor too.
Blessings,
Betsy

Nina said...

Hi Becky,
I hope you're feeling better and that the energy in returning to you!
Being able to be outside is a blessing, being still and thankful for the silent moments.

aimee said...

Glad to hear from your comment above that you and your family have improved. Wishing you a better, healthier week.
Blessings, Aimee