Sunday, October 5, 2014

But Why?

It never ceases to amaze me how life's challenges turn into life lessons. I'd been thinking just the other day about how unfair it is that my daughter, Megan, who is mid 30s, is still not working steadily.  She leaves a job, for a good reason. There seems  not to be another one on the horizon very soon. She had a job interview the other week. She was qualified. Piece of cake. At the interview. But waited til this week to find out she didn't get the job. Only so many spaces in the training class coming up. More openings, if you are still interested. Keep looking. Disappointment. She keeps applying for work that is in her career field. But she struggles to understand. She knows God has something for her. But she says she doesn't have to like being unemployed. Feels a bit let down by God. She moves on. She's happy. She works a seasonal job right now. Been moving pumpkins from the field. Washing pumpkins. Driving the cow train. Today she said that she drove 5 different vehicles including her car.

As her mom, who loves her dearly, I pray daily for work. But Why can't she get a good job? Why is there always experience needed? Is there no such thing as OJT? (On the job training). If they just knew her, they'd see that she's qualified. She's a good worker. Reliable. She's worked many a job. There's always something you need to learn anew on the new job anyway!  But Why don't they see that? That's what all the form filling out is there for. In front of their eyes. Call!  

Although she is single, living at home, it's better than the alternative. There are much worse scenarios in life.  This past week a husband left his wife and two young children. For another woman, younger. But Why couldn't he stay with the woman he first fell in love with?  But Why did he leave, momma? How are their lives going to be any better off without him?  It just adds to the But Why I was thinking about. I've been working on this post in my head. For the past few days. God is teaching me. But Why is that He still loves us. There's a reason all things happen. It's a fallen world. We do things we think are right. But Why didn't the last job work out? But Why did she go into the Navy? Only to get hurt?
8 years ago? Only to come home. Alive! (thank you Lord!)

But Why not continue to read God's word? "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."  Psalm 119:105 I remember it from days of yore.  

"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion," says my soul. 'Therefore I hope in Him'. The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:22-26



"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I say rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:4-7



Through all the trials I have encountered over the years, one more scripture keeps me running for the prize in this life. Right.Into.Heaven.  "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith,who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrews 12:1-2.

But Why not have our eyes on the prize!?  His promises never fail! He never leave us nor forsakes us. 

Linking up with Lisha, Give Me Grace Community

Linking up with Sarah,  Still Saturday

4 comments:

Lynne said...

He NEVER leaves us. Thank you for that reminder!!

Betsy said...

Somehow I missed this post! Blogger has been acting up lately, not showing me that someone has posted a new update. I'm sorry. I've had your daughter on my prayer list for a new job. I'm sorry to hear the last I terview didn't work out either. God does have something for her. She is blessed to have you and your husband to stay with.
Blessings,
Betsy

Beatrice Euphemie said...

I'm sorry things are so difficult for your daughter right now. Have faith that she will find her true calling....keep thinking positive. Good things come to those who wait. A hug xo Karen

Kathy said...

We all have "why"s in our life. My best friend just found a job after looking for four years. Why? Why did I get cancer and six months later my sister get it? We will never know the answer this side of heaven. But God knows. And I think He uses these things to grow us and conform us into the image of His Son. I will be praying for a job for your daughter.