Monday, November 3, 2014

My Weekend


It was incredibly busy this weekend. But good as well. I made cookies late Sunday. Tonight I baked them. New recipe and they are delicious. Friday I got some photos printed out so I picked them up then got them matted. Framing will wait for a few weeks. Am excited to get my gallery wall finally started in my living room. Fri eve I was at an informal nature photographers meeting. Then Sat a.m. I woke earlier than normal to head down for big meeting, which I always enjoy, learn things about photography. I judged the wildlife digital image contest, with two other people. 92 images is alot and there's little time to view it on the screen. But I enjoy it. Have done it before. Got my camera cleaned at half price, by pros. One less thing to worry about. George Lepp was the featured speaker. He is great and funny as well. I have heard him four times now.  I succumbed to a great price on a Canon pixma printer. A special buy on Sat. only, at the nature photographers meeting. I cannot wait to get it all set up.  The rep was great and all who bought a printer got a raincoat or shirt. I got a raincoat made
by Columbia Sportswear, with Canon EOS on left side. Not a cheap jacket. Also won a Canon tshirt in a drawing, at end of meeting. Now it is off to finish up a few things, then off to bed. Another work day ahead tomorrow. Tired, as always due to time change. I will share more about the cookies another time. Meeting I attended was Nature Photographers of the Pacific Northwest. (NPPNW).  Quite the group of fun and knowledgable people. Thanks for dropping in for a visit and I will be back soon. God's blessings to you!!

6 comments:

Linda W. said...

I may have to look in to that photography group you mentioned. I'm always up for rubbing elbows with other photography-minded folks. But first I have to work on healing my foot! :)

Betsy said...

It sounds like you had a productive and bust weekend Becky. Fun too!
Blessings,
Betsy

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Sounds like a fun and informative meeting! Great prizes, too! I just bought a new photo printer - an Epson. Need to find someone tech savvy to set it up, though - might have to cook a good meal to lure my son down for a visit :) I just got a 'new' camera - an older model Canon with all the bells and whistles. Need to do a lot of reading to use it, though. Cookies sound good - I always seem to crave sweets when it gets colder and darker. Hope you have a good week and share some wildlife photos with us! Hugs xo Karen

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounds fabulous! I would love going to anything having to do with nature photography:-) I am sure you will love the new raincoat and it will come in handy during our rainy season. Have a great Wednesday...
Blessings, Aimee
PS: Cookies. Yum!

Kathy said...

Sounds as if you had a wonderful weekend! Enjoy that raincoat. What a deal on getting your camera cleaned!

Camille said...

Mmmm...cookies and photography. Two of my favourite things. Hugs to you! Camille