Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pepsi Float

On Sunday afternoon I made a Pepsi float. I haven't had one for awhile. A new co-worker and I got to talking last week about floats. Then we decided to make one later in the week. So I bought a 20 oz. Pepsi from work on Thurs. Then stopped at Safeway to buy ice cream, on sale, on the way home. I chose chocolate brownie thunder. Umpqua brand is made in southern OR. 

So I am building my float in a Pepsi glass I bought some years ago. Pepsi, then a big scoop of ice cream. A bit more Pepsi but not enough to make it overflow. Add a straw and a long spoon and enjoy.


Almost gone. When I finished it, my tummy was indicating there was a need for some water. Dilute the sweetness, please!! I obliged. Much better. Rarely do I have that much sweetness. Rarely do I drink sodas. But just this once. It was delicious. Ralf has quit drinking Pepsi, except for this float idea of his. Gotta have a little fun. I remember A & W restaurants where we would get rootbeer floats. It was a drive in and your food order would be brought out on a tray by a waitress on roller skates. Aw, the memories.   Tomorrow we share our Peps float photos.      
 **Well, I was going to share Ralph's photos but I wasn't able to get them over my smart phone. Apparently there is a problem with the carrier's system. Ralph had plain chocolate ice cream for his Pepsi float. He's not had a Pepsi for 2 months*******As of right now we are having cold weather....maybe even some freezing rain or snow overnight. Will see what happens overnight. There are clouds, so it could happen. All the cold air is coming down from Canada. The wind has been quite nippy today and I was colder at work this afternoon than yesterday.  Power outages in various surrounding areas and trees falling. Will catch some things on camera and share when/if it happens.   God bless!**



5 comments:

Linda W. said...

Ummm....I used to love root beer floats, but haven't had one in many years. Your pepsi float looks terrific!

Gracie Saylor said...

I enjoyed you enjoying your float, Becky :)

It is snow/rain/icing over in our neck of the woods, but folks are zipping along our street as normal. My daughter and her husband just got back safely from Seaside and hit some tricky spots along the way.

I am cozy inside with another bunny on my knitting needles waiting for me to stitch :)

Blessings to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how it can be cold outside and we're craving ice cream? Lol. A float sounds yummy, although I think I'll go with a root beer one :-)
Thanks for the sweetness!
Blessings, Aimee

Kathy said...

I am not a Pepsi fan, but now you have me wanting a root beer float. In spite of it being 30 degrees here! I haven't had one in years. I'm not supposed to drink soda anymore but every once in awhile I sneak one. We used to call root beer floats black cows when I was little. We made them with vanilla ice cream. Floats made with ginger ale and vanilla ice cream were white cows.

Camille said...

I like my *floats* without the soda...ha! But, the ice cream...now, that is something I do enjoy! Happy weekend to you, Becky! Hugs, Camille