Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Our Thanksgiving 2014

Our family got together at our house for a delicious meal on Thanksgiving. Here is my plate and we had sparkling apple cranberry cider for our drink. I cooked up a turkey and there were green beans, olives, two types of cranberry sauce and au gratin potatoes. 
Melody and Owen ate at their own little table.
Owen enjoying the snow globe I brought in from some of my mom's Christmas items.
Melody waits her turn, impatiently. They had it in the hallway but were not too good as sharing. Thus it's at the table for both to take turns at.
Megan brought her box of Legos to the living room so her niece and nephew could play with them. They enjoyed it alot. Keep them occupied so the 5 adults were able to play a card game.



Erin, my daughter in love and I with our cards.
We ate pie and drank our coffees/tea as we played the game.  There was marionberry pie, from Bauman farms (we were given a gift card from a neighbor) and flat apple pie,made by me, with Megan's assistance. She's still trying to figure out how to make pie crusts.  Also had congealed salad, which is jello, fruit and cool whip, made by Erin.  Megan and Erin walked over to Starbucks for the drinks. It's not far. I enjoyed my black Tazo English Breakfast tea.
Megan noticed that the little boxes on the cup were in the shape of Oregon. I turned mine and she was right,  Phil was drinking his diet Coke.   We had a good time with the game. I won, which was surprising. It was the first time I had played. I guess I played my cards right!
Our adult children....Megan, Justin and Erin. We love them and enjoy having them in our lives.
On Sunday afternoon, I went to the outlet mall. Needed to find a few things. But wound up getting one thing! When there's nothing that sparks my interest then I walk out of the store. Not very good deals for me. Saved money that way. Here's the bottom of the big tree out front of the mall.
A selfie of me by the tree, in my warm coat, hat and scarf and gloves. It was cold!

Lovely tree. If you look to the right, just above the guy wire, there's the moon!! It is cheery over there. but I left and came home after looking in a few stores. Guess that's not out of the ordinary when I have most of my Christmas gifts. Nor do I have many gifts to buy. I do enjoy the sights, sounds and aroma of the season. 

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving. So glad you had your family with you.

You shop like me. I hate shopping. I just want to go in, get what I need and get out.

Linda W. said...

Glad you were able to get together with your family for Thanksgiving. I like English Breakfast tea too. I'll have to check out the Starbucks cups, I get tea there nearly every day and I've never noticed the check boxes in the shape of our state! Happy Tuesday to you!

Terri Tiffany said...

Your holiday looks like it was sweet and wonderful! I enjoyed your pictures.

Teresa Kasner said...

Your Thanksgiving meal looks yummy! We had a delicious one, too. I look forward to meeting you at our blog girls lunch. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Anonymous said...

Melody and Owen sure are adorable Becky! Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving celebration :-) Been wanting to make a flat pie for awhile now-I really love their rustic look.
Hope our windstorm tomorrow causes you no problems.
Blessings always,
Aimee