Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Blessings on a Wednesday

Crock pot chili starting to cook filled the air with a delicious aroma as I left for work this morning.  It was one of a few things I felt grateful for this day that started out tired. But I talked to myself while getting ready for work. "I am just fine!". Believe it!!! I felt better later mid morning. ~~~ Figured out my mascara was causing my eyes to itch. So I used a new mascara tube. (still think it's going to take time to get it to stop bothering me completely. Cuz it still bothers me in the evening....or it's the weird, warm, or foggy days we have been having. Who knows??!!)  ~~~~ Decided to make biscuits once I got home. We enjoyed them with our chili.  ~~~~Scripture reading that I drew from this chapter in Acts 4:8-12 "Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, "Rulers of the people and elders, if we are being examined today concerning a good deed done to a cripple, by what means this man has been healed, be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him this man is standing before you well. This is the stone which was rejected by you builders, but which has become the head of the corner. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name among men by which we must be saved." " (RSV)   (Reading through the New Testament in a year).


2 comments:

Linda W. said...

Mmmmm.....chili and biscuits - sounds wonderful!

aimee said...

Warm biscuits sound great! Maybe when I am feeling a bit better I'll try to make some. My eyes are sensitive too (I wear contacts). Have you tried hypoallergenic mascara--the kind without all the extra stuff in it?
Blessings,
Aimee