Friday, January 9, 2015

NW Lady Blogger Lunch Dec 2014

A week before Christmas, when all of us were busy, some of us decided to get together for a lunch. So I headed to Portland area to meet up with four other ladies in the Northwest for a Christmas lunch!  We had a good time. Lovely lunch of pork loin, salad, rolls, cookies,oh my!

Here is Betsy at the table. Taci set a beautiful table with little gifts as well.

Java, the chocolate lab asleep by the fire place. Sweet dog!

Of course we needed a group photo!!! Took lots, this one is from my phone camera, as are the other photos. In back is Betsy, Teresa, and Gracie. In front is me and our hostess of the day, Taci!  We talked non-stop and laughed. I met Betsy earlier this year.

We exchanged gifts.Yarn and snow seagull and a shell necklace (from Hawaii) were from Betsy, crocheted heart and red ornament from Teresa, Taci made the dishcloth, which I think is way too pretty to use as a dishcloth and a magnet, The star ornament was made by Gracie, and the cute little birds nest was from another blogger that is not in this area....Mereknits is her website. I feel so blessed to know these women. I learned how to knit differently. It will take awhile to get used to it. But I am not going to use it right away. Starting a project that is already behind is not the time to also learn something new!


I enjoyed the train underneath the tree that Taci had started decorating!!!

I gave Gracie the book, since she won it in a give away from my blog.

The year at a glance calendar that I put together to give to my friends. I embellished the photo with stickers.  Add some flair!! They all seemed to like it!!!
I liked this lovely nativity piece.

If you are interested in my friends' blogs, here are their links.  Betsy, Teresa, Gracie, Taci
Isn't life amazing...how a computer and blogging can bring people together. I have recently met up with another blogger from the Portland area. Hope to get together with Linda where we can talk and have some fun. She stopped in where I work to see me when she came into town. Fun!!! Something to look forward to!!!  Have a good weekend, my friends!!!

(all photos copyrighted, thanks for not using them without permission!!)

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Lovely post Becky! It was a wonderful day and I just wish I lived closer than the 370 miles or so that separate me from you dear ladies. I loved seeing the pictures and remembering our afternoon together.
Blessings,
Betsy

Linda W. said...

What a fun way to meet other bloggers! Yes, I definitely want to meet up again. Next time I'll pick your day off! :)

Camille said...

What FUN to connect in person with blogging friends! It is wonderful to have this means of making new friends. The Lord is so very good to us, isn't He? Hugs to you! Camille

Terri Tiffany said...

Your event looks wonderful! I love meeting blogger friends and it is always so sweet!

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Oh how fun! Wish I lived closer cause I would have loved to have been in on that lunch :) One of these days we will meet in person!

Kathy said...

How fun to have a day with fellow bloggers. I hope to someday meet some of mine. You got some beautiful gifts!

Taciana Simmons said...

Yes indeed it was a very fun day and we all enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for such a great post remembering our lunch together.