Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Pre-Birthday Delight


A birthday is no fun without a friend. I met Teresa at Starbucks for a late morning get together, a day before my birthday.  She drove in dense fog as well, thru the country, to get here.  It was good to talk and eat our delicious treats and sip hot drinks. Mine was black tazo tea which was so good. I am not a coffee drinker.  She insisted on paying even tho I was going to pay. She drove miles to get here. But she insisted on paying becuz it was my birthday!!


My gift was an angel with a purple heart necklace and purple hoop earrings. Purple is my favorite color.  Our time was up so we parted with hugs. Will see each other soon, since there will be another college grad party and wedding for her second son this year as well.  So glad the fog lifted here and hopefully ok where she was headed.

In the afternoon, I shopped at Cost Plus World Market. I had a birthday coupon to use. A good excuse to go, right?? I picked up another basket for the kitchen stand.  Also mustard and my fav hummus and delish decaf tea. I'd been to REI looking specific shoes but good choices for me. Apparently another store in Tigard has morr shoes. This store at Keizer had just opened and was a bit closer. I did end up buying a zipped hoodie to replace one that is starting to fray in spots. I wear it to and from work. Sometimes I wear it at work when it's cold out.  It was on clearance for $23. The regular price was $99!! I find that a bit much for it. I shop sales and know this time of year the best time to find winter clothes needs for next year.*******Coming soon...more birthday fun. I had a busy fun weekend celebrating my birthday with family and friends!!! Thanks for coming by and leaving sweet comments!! Have a blessed day!!!

5 comments:

Linda W. said...

Glad you got to get out with a friend to celebrate your birthday! I went hiking (a short one though)

Betsy said...

Love your birthday fun! So many of us love the color purple-maybe we long to be royalty! :-). I'm glad you've been enjoying your special time.
Blessings,
Betsy

aimee said...

Yea for birthday celebrations with kind friends! Purple is an AWESOME color-it used to be my favorite color and I still love it:) Happy (belated) Birthday!
Blessings, Aimee

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Happy birthday! Looks like you got off to a good start. What a fun day!

Camille said...

Happy belated birthday to you, Becky! Sounds like you had a lovely time out and enjoyed some treats as well. I *love* hummus! :) Hugs, Camille