Monday, February 2, 2015

Shadowed Tulips

In honor of Ground Hog's day and my dear friend, Laura, whose birthday is today, I am sharing this photo. There is a shadow in it. Who is it?  Where is it?  I was printing out a few photos on Sunday. A few were done while watching the Super Bowl with Phil and Megan. {Megan and I were rooting for Seahawks.} I had to print something out since the new Canon printer needs to be used often or the ink can dry up. I needed an excuse to print photos since I needed to make some cards to send out for birthdays,  get well and sympathy. That's when I came across this tulip photo with the shadow in it.   We were busy on Sat. doing some catch all things, which I will share later. I need to unzip some files so I can share last week's project. Been a busy week. Weather has gone from foggy to finally sunny for a couple days. Nice on Thurs. On Friday I drove to the dentist which takes me through the country. Through town and a bit into the country was clear. Then I saw fog lifting up from the farm land. Further along fog got thicker. One point there were leafless trees, sun in behind fog, that made shadows with the branches. It was so pretty and all I could do was remember it. No time to stop and take photos nor did I have my camera. Just my memory bank holds them. One point I realized there was a school coming up and fog was quite thick. Blinking lights of school zone appeared suddenly!!!  55 mph to 20 mph in no time flat isn't easy to do. Good thing there wasn't anybody behind me!!!   Trip to dentist was to prep a tooth for a crown. It took longer than dentist anticipated.  But all is well, except for a bit of soreness that is nearly gone.  Have a good week my friends!!!! Be blessed!!!

6 comments:

aimee said...

Is the shadow you? Now you have me craving even more spring blossoms:) Have a great week Becky. May God bless you and yours!
Blessings, Aimee

Terri Tiffany said...

Lovely photo! I'm trying myself to learn to take pictures. Sorry about the crown but glad that part is done for you. Just had two myself.

Linda W. said...

Lovely photo! Can't wait for all the tulips to bloom again. This year, I'm for sure making to the tulip festival.

Betsy said...

Pretty picture of the tulips. We've had lots of fog here lately and I love the shadows and eerieness of it. Hope your tooth problems are taken care of very soon.
Blessings,
Betsy

Gracie Saylor said...

Mmmm chili and biscuits sound good from your last post :) And I love your shadow on the tulips...is that the tulip farm near you? My youngest son is catching up on all sorts of dental work, so he would sympathize with you and cheer you on for getting yours done! Our weather has been so mild I have had itchy eyes several times lately and mild cold symptoms making me wonder if I was combating allergies or fighting off various viruses that are going around. Wishing you and yours well, Becky. I am trying to follow a reading through the Bible in a year plan and am behind, but enjoying what I am reading, too. Blessings!

mamasmercantile said...

What a beautiful photo, I am yearning for Spring and been able to get back out into the garden. Thank you for your visit.