Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Beautiful Words

I visited a ladies' restroom a few weeks ago and found this inscribed on the wall. I found it thought provoking. I smiled.  I believe I am beautiful but more so from the inside out. Outward appearances can be deceiving!  In this life, I seek God to help me walk the paths of His choosing.  Listen to His calling and growing mature in my faith walk.  That is being beautiful. "For the Lord takes pleasure in His people; He adorns the humble with victory."  Psalm 149:4   Although the beauty on earth is temporal, what we do for God remains pleasing to Him. No matter who we are, what we look like on the outside, God loves us!  "For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us." Psalm 62:5-8 RSV.  Your comments are welcome on this subject.  Thank you, my beautiful friends!
Linking up with Lisha   Give Me Grace Community

6 comments:

Betsy said...

Those are beautiful words Becky, and I believe your words are also. I also think that I am beautiful on the inside, washed clean by Him. I try to keep it like that, clean and beautiful by what I fill my mind with. On the outside? I'm under no illusions that I'm beautiful by this worlds standards, but by God's? He thinks I'm beautiful just as every parent does.
Blessings always,
Betsy

Terri Tiffany said...

That is awesome! You made me smile even more.

Gracie Saylor said...

My conclusions on the subject are much the same as yours, Becky. I appreciated reading the Scriptures you quoted, too. xx

Camille said...

Yes, may we truly be beautiful from the inside out!! What a lovely quote to put in a public restroom...so fun that you found it. Hugs, Camille

caryjo said...

How NEAT! Thanks for sharing.

Laurie Collett said...

Praise God that when He looks at His children, He sees the beautiful perfection and righteousness of His Son! Delighted to have found you from Give Me Jesus, and I'm linked up and your newest GFC follower! Hope you'll visit Saved by Grace and consider following also!
God bless,
Laurie
http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/