Friday, March 13, 2015

Life as I know it this week....

Have you ever thought how our lives are like a roadway....with the green color as a roadway with free flowing traffic, where the red is slow/congested/stopped; the blue and purple off roads to adventure?  My life has been that way this week. I felt stopped at work when it is so busy and a co-worker who is scheduled for work doesn't show up!!!. I get help though and I feel like life is flowing again. Work has been busy and there have been bumps in the road. It doesn't help that it was daylight savings time change this past weekend.  Glad I am feeling more rested today. These colored circles were given to me by my sweet granddaughter. They glow in the dark and only last a few hours.  She brightened my evening!! She sent them home with grandpa.

At lunch this week at work I had a iced tea from the cooler. There's always a little saying underneath the cap. Here is a new one. I like it!  So true!  I am downsizing, decluttering my house/life.  It is hard to part with things but I can't take them with me!!! (Red road)

The other night we were at a shoe store where I returned some insoles that didn't work for me. I went outside to see where Phil went. I turned around and saw these "tribbles"!!!!  Actually they are koosh balls but I like to think of them as tribbles from Star Trek!!!

Last night I was so weary from work, it being a busy day and just got home and crashed a bit on the couch. My right hip had hurt most of the day and I had a headache and just needed to sit and relax.  I had another phone call from my friend, Sandy, telling me about a different route they were taking to the coast this weekend....would I still be going, she wanted me to go with the other 2 friends.....well dear me....so I sat down later, wrote out a list of things I needed to do. A few, top ones, have been put off for awhile. After I wrote....adding more to be done later.....I felt better. Yes, will wait and see what Friday was like. Yes, I am feeling better.  I actually got a few things crossed off the list, applesauce is nearly done cooking and one blog post almost finished.  I am looking forward to the get away, a relaxing, fun time with girlfriends, celebrating another birthday!!!! Both husband and daughter encouraged me to go since I like to coast anyway.

I did a bit of shopping today. Didn't find what I wanted in fruit in the grocery store. Took a drive to Baumans fruit stand.  I found a few things I could use.  Here's an example of how Oregon's weather has been. Rhodys are blooming...already? It's not April yet. I checked mine tonight coming home from our walk. Nope, mine aren't blooming, since it is a later variety. But my neighbor's is. Sigh! Today is was 65 degrees!!! Cloudy. No coat for me with long sleeves!
Apples cooking in the kitchen. Smells so delicious!!!  Day is nearly done!  One more thing to share is a quote from a church reader board in town. "God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the called". On that note I am off to get a few things done before heading for the blanketed bed!! Tomorrow, I'm headed on a blue/purple road of adventure!!!  Have a blessed weekend and thanks for your visit!!!  What are ya up to this weekend? 

4 comments:

Mereknits said...

Sorry you had a tough week Becky. Seem like the change in time throws everyone off. Why do they still do that? All of my little patients were crazy this week. Have a peaceful weekend.
Meredith

Linda W. said...

I too like the saying in your bottle lid. Hope you have a restful weekend on the coast.

Camille said...

Lovely post my friend. So sorry your hip and head were bothering you. SO happy for you that you are having a little weekend away with your friends...enjoy! Hugs, Camille

Betsy said...

Oh I hope you're having a great time on your trip Becky. You and Gracie are both having an adventure this weekend, I spent the morning baking cherry bars and doing prep work for a beef barley stew for the church potluck tomorrow. Now I'm knitting by e fire in this cool rainy Saturday. I really enjoyed your post today.
Blessings,
Betsy